Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that laid his duc monster down. :mad: he gave a call and was asking if a duc engine could fit a sv650 or even a 1000 (not sure which one) i told him no but i have ben wrong alot. his madness is a "duc engine made with different engine mount should fit.... both v-twin." i told him he was wasting his time and just buy a new bike.
i think that's about it. :D what do you guys think, and don't hold back....

red

·
Registered
171 Posts
Different degree V's may make it interesting.... I would be curious about final drive alignment as well.

Start with detailed measurements....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Actually Ducati motors are L-twins. Not V-twins.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
yeah it wont work,

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Anything can be done if you have the time and resources for it. The question is... Is it worth it? In this case I would say absolutely not.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
...and if you look real hard upside down it could be an "A" twin. :nuts:

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
drunkNun said:
Actually Ducati motors are L-twins. Not V-twins.
he just sent me this in a email. "Ducati motorcycles are best-known for their L-twin Desmodromic valve engines (also known as a 90° V-Twin)" "The signature Ducati engine, a transverse 90° twin with the front cylinder approximately parallel to the ground and the rear cylinder vertical, is sometimes referred to as an "L" twin." he got it off wikipedia. now he is really pumped up about trying it.

VCOOK, i don't know the reason why he doesn't want to fix it. maybe to try something diff. i know he has a cod sv for a trackbike. i don't think it would work but i seen so crazy things done to bikes.

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
trav72 said:
The question is... Is it worth it? In this case I would say absolutely not.
:Stupid:

now encourage him to gets himself one of dem TLR1000's yes in deedie. they gots them some realworld kind of power they do....:D :D

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sprbeast said:
:Stupid:

now encourage him to gets himself one of dem TLR1000's yes in deedie. they gots them some realworld kind of power they do....:D :D
:LolLolLolLol:

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info on the subject. you guys rock. :rock:

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
the biggest problem he will run into is with the intake system location and ofcourse the motor mounts. The mounts might be close but i have no idea what the width of the frame. It will depend on what motor he is putting in and if its a 1000 or a 650 frame. He might get lucky, but why would you do it. I would rather have a duc motor in a duc frame:)

here are a few pics i pulled up

·
Registered
526 Posts
enrico vespa said:
depends which side you look at it. One side it's an L twin, but the other is a J twin:rastaman2:
But technically speaking....its called an L-twin.

·
YOUR A TOWEL
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:party-smiley: thanks guys! it looks doable but like nudist said the final drive could be a issue. I do agree i would like the duc again or up grade to a better duc.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
svfighter said:
:party-smiley: thanks guys! it looks doable but like nudist said the final drive could be a issue. I do agree i would like the duc again or up grade to a better duc.

Everything would be an issue in a swap like that. How proficient is this guy with wrenching/fabrication? If he's just getting started he'd sure be jumping in the deep end:confused: If he's dead set on it though I deffinatly want to see it when its done, cus it WOULD be cool.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts