Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I hope you are working on posting the pics? :)

Welcome on man, you should go toss up a thread in the introduce yourself section lets us know about you and the bike...

EDIT: just saw you posted pics sorry lol...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you are working on posting the pics? :)

Welcome on man, you should go toss up a thread in the introduce yourself section lets us know about you and the bike...

EDIT: just saw you posted pics sorry lol...
Great thanks !!! I will do an introduction!

Otherwise this is my first project so im still learning a lot on how to do this stuff.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Well I'll tell you one thing, removing that front 1/2 fairing was a hell of a start...Lot's of potential here...

·
Denver's new dad
946 Posts
super interested in your version of that bike. I know a guy who did a 966 version of it... Beautiful bikes.

·
Denver's new dad
946 Posts
the monster front fender looks pretty sick and bolts straight on BTW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea its a great bike. It looks great without the covers on, it seems to have a bit more aggressive profile that the monster in some ways.

I also painted the frame dark gray which has made it look a lot better.

It also has a fricking amazing sound!!!

Attachments

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Nice, I'll be watching this for sure. I do love me some Duc builds for sure! Frame paint came out pretty good there, looks almost like the later 916 series silver frames. Diggin' it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, so this morning i mounted the head light and front indicators. Although i dont think the indicators should stay there. Not sure that it really works with the bike.

Also, painted the tank! I bought the Ducati Anniversary read with a can of clear coat. Did 4 coats of paint and had to do some fixes because it started to run!

Sanded that down and resprayed. Let it dry and clearcoated!

also, i sandblasted the gas cap and painted it matt black and then clearcoated to protect from gas drips.

Looks hot!

Next step is to wet sand after 24 hours and polish it till it looks like glass!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, mounted the tank back on the bike!!!

Also, finished the wiring for the read indicators and the rear brake light.

Starting to look like something!

God, i need to figure out what to do with the wiring in the front.

Attachments

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
+1 on the gauges, super sharp. Diggin the bike man, super stripped down and simple... looks like a blast to ride!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts