Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Loving the red frame and black forks, looks mean!

How was cleaning out the soda from the motor? Any issues washing everything out of the bearings? Need to the original motor casings from my 748R blasting and wanted to do soda this time, but wanted to make sure the bearings would be ok if they got a little in them but were washed out.

Keep up the good work dude.
Cheers buddy.

I made some plugs for all the points of entry they did a fair job but the soda was still inside the engine cases. I then water washed, kero bathed and then brake/clutch cleaned the engine. I topped it off with an oiling of all the bearings.

To be fair if I gave a crap I would replace all the bearings but I just did those that needed it.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Cool, good stuff. I only have a few holes to plug but I know the soda is so fine it'll get in there anyway and the bearings in my case are still good. Will make sure to rip it apart and hose it down good and oil everything before any reassembly. Thanks for the info Wilson.

What are you planning to do for the rad mount and placement? Those water/aircooled 2v's always struck me as kind weird lol.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What are you planning to do for the rad mount and placement? Those water/aircooled 2v's always struck me as kind weird lol.
I am going to mount the radiator up front (as normal), if I can afford it I will get it cut down. I will be adding a 999 oil cooler which will make it a little different.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looking good man, been a while - hows it going?
All's well thanks mate, work just gets in the way of the projects. I still need to weld a plastic tank for my second project (time and effort) but it is slowly coming together.

How's you?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Another reasonable day of messing around in the lock up.

I am trying to get the frame ready for powder coating before Christmas, so here goes.

The radiator mounts were tacked on:

Then welded on and the radiator mocked up:

I'm going to have to do some cutting and welding to the frame next week as the intake will not fit:

Once this is done a custom alloy intake will be fitted. And then some supports welded in:

They will form an 'X' from one side to the other.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Cheers mate, slowly slowly.

I just need to fettle some bits, a mount for high level exhausts, and some frame to product clamps.

More next weekend if it goes to plan.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Bits done today.

Stainless headers fitted and exhausts mounted:

1mm carbon sheet trimmed to mount the ECU under the seat:

One step closer to powder coating.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Cheers mate.

Were you looking for a coffin style master cylinder? If so I will have a dig around (no promises) and see what I have hanging around.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Cheers mate.

Were you looking for a coffin style master cylinder? If so I will have a dig around (no promises) and see what I have hanging around.
I am , but shippin things over to here are so dam expensive :(. I do appreciate tha thought fer sure mate. One will turn up eventualy.:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Clutch case Corse style:

Needs a bit of tidying and a repaint (gold) but its not bad, for free work.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Did some more bits last weekend, hopefully the last before the strip down.

The intakes and air filters were test fitted but interfered with the battery box:

Then the battery box adjusted to suit:

Strip down this weekend??

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Did some more trimming on the clutch case today, cutting two of the posts off to make it a little bit more open:

Finished off with a hand saw and some files.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Mocked it up to the engine and it looks quite good with the alloy clutch basket:

Hopefully off to powder coat on Tuesday with the rest of the Monster.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts