Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN Dudads 92 katana fighter discussion

And here we go.....I parted out the bike then used that money to buy the new parts so I will list what I bought with the money and what I spent extra. All parts with ** infront of them are parts bought with the money I made off selling my stock parts. I dont think that should count towards the final build cost but let me know. Ill post a price with the parts and without.

What I started with:

What it is now:

List of what has been done:
Frame cut and welded
Spacers made to fit the ninja swingarm
New lower shock mount fabricated
New subframe braces fabricated for Ducati subframe
Holes welded closed from cutting off the stock subframe brace
Custom plates welded on for the new GSXR rearsets
GSX110 Engine swap
GSXR/R1 Hybrid front suspension setup

Total spent not subtracting parts bought with money made from selling stock parts: $2,462

Total not including parts bought with money made from selling stock parts: $1,722

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will have some updated picture of the metal scoops I decided to have welded over the openings on the side of the frame

Before:

Crappy photochop of what Im doing:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the bike is going to be satin black with gold accents......so naturally they will be satin black to match the frame :)

Side note, I got my new engine covers and I ordered my custom steering stem nut, my pod filters and a few other bits and pieces. I hope to order the new chain and sprocket set (hope to get black sprockets and gold chain but I may have to powder the sprocket black. They have a 4-6 week wait if I want them to do it black if its not in stoc). Also other little odds and ends......I think Im going to get the gas tank cut and welded up in the next few weeks... thats a later to be shown thing

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Better idea of what I want to do, I think the duct is actually going to cover the entire hole and just have an opening in the front instead of scooping back though. Hopefully its done on monday and I can get some pictures

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started calling it a Yazukati, 2 letters from each name of bikes that I have parts off of.

Yamaha
Suzuki
Kawasaki
Ducati

On a side note I got my REAL carbon fiber gas cap cover today........Im going to hopefully have pictures of the metal scoops tomorrow if they are done.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the scoops didnt get done because one of the guys at the shop said the welds might crack from the frame moving (whatever).

Anyway its almost done modding, just some paint, wiring and final touches.

Garbage ass gas cap:

C/f hotness:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, mocked up some cardboard templates for the metal scoops to be made from.......they arent perfect but give a WAY WAY better idea of what they will look like finished.....plus I like the way I made these more than how I originally planned to do it.

the cardboard is the scoop im going to have done

front shot

better front shot, it doesnt extend far out, just enough to scoop air in and look agressive

top down shot

rear shot

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this is what I think im going to do with the gas tank......might make it a little sharper more agressive but I like it overall. It gets rid of that stupid indent from where the stock fairings went and it covers more of the motor and the braces that were made for the subframe supports.......mmmm more money lol. Ill probably do the scoops and tank all at once, probably not till the end of the month...who knows

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmmmmmmmmm............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :)

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couple more freebie mods. I had this piece of black L bracket laying around the house for a looooooooooooong time and never threw it away, I figured one day I would be able to use it for something and lookie lookie it was PERFECT to hold the brake reservoir to the top triple clamp...

I was given a few parts of some 06 r1 fairings last year that I was going to fit to my old zx6r I had but I sold them and kept the lights.......The tag light was one of the pieces I threw in a box.....and viola, it fits perfect and blends in great like it was meant to be there!!

Its more of a technical street legal thing but nice to have nevertheless. Now I need to figure out what to do about a taillight. I think Im going integrated to keep it nice and clean but not sure what taillight to use yet

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm........maybe a little brighter gold color....

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:jig: Gas tank is finished !!

Deciding on wether i should hold out till the finished pics of paint and all to show it off :) I pick it up from the shop tomorrow.....then wednesday I get some new ink.. woottttttttt

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

ok ok, just one picture though

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aww shit............Copper hotness

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dumb bitch keeps fallin apart.........wtf

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this shop is going to powder coat my frame, engine cradle, clipons, kickstand, triple tree set, gas tank/subframe brace for $250-300

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$250 and 3 weeks later

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Tail flows right off the frame and back out, like it was meant to be there from the start.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts