Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see bikes every now and then with just a straight dump undernath the pegs ( no canister ). How do you do that is there a small baffle that you can get so you dont crack a valve, or have massive power loss? I need to make some noise, im tired of people changing lanes when im right next to them.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i've seen some people run a shorty setup where it looks like its just a small mid pipe that comes out behind the rearsets (drivers pegs) but they actually put a baffle within it. theres a couple companies that offer this type of pipe. seen it in the back of cycle world...

of course i cant find the ad right now...but i think one of them is lazer (sp? laser?) exhausts?

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
you can use bolt-in baffles for harley exhausts, cheap and easy, doesn't get much better

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
skr00zloose said:
you can use bolt-in baffles for harley exhausts, cheap and easy, doesn't get much better

what is this you speak of???

got links or brand names or pics??

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i'd have to do some searching, but i know if you look in drag specialties catalog, there's some universal fit internal baffles that are meant for harley's. they're basically just a smaller version of what's already inside most aftermarket mufflers. they're designed to slip into straight pipes. they're not very quiet at all, but still better than open pipes.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
k thanks. :D

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
ya but their still associated with those oil burning slow-ass peices of shit,id rather have blown ear drums then share anything with them,its bad enough we have to share the road

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
dont be a hater, you know cool choppers can and have been built.

;)

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
ya but their still associated with those oil burning slow-ass peices of shit,id rather have blown ear drums then share anything with them,its bad enough we have to share the road

lmao....well, you could always make the same thing, just get a length of pipe that'll fit into your existing pipe, drill ALOT of holes in it, wrap it in packing material, and shove it in. just use a screw in either end (on the backside, less visible) to hold it in place.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
thats what you should do to the rc!

thatd make a hell of a fighter!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
so did we ever come up with a company that makes an exhaust like lurch is lookin for??

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
well, i do remember seening an ad in the backof some motorcycle mag, and there's a local guy with something similar on an r1, but i couldn't tell you who makes it for the life of me.

i CAN tell you that, that particular exhaust is rediculously loud.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Just remember, your gonna hafta rejet or remap if you run open and you'll likely never get the bottom end torque back. Even with the harley style baffles you may have some issues. I'm doing this right now to my 89 gsxr and I've found the closest thing power-wise to my original yosh is the ultra cheap "can-opener" style baffle. Problem is they're only avail up to 2" so you might have to make a spacer to make up the difference. My buddy is running two of these style baffles "inline" and achieved the needed backpressure (for stage 3 jetting), and the bike is still loud (somewhere between open and yoshi). Cool thing is these baffles are usually around $5-$8 each so you can play around without costing much....

.....G.....:cfcartman:

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just bought one on e-bay. $5 for a Vance&hines 2" baffle. Its only 4 inches long so it should still be pretty loud.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I've been experamenting too much with this type of exhaust lately and all I've deduced is that it fucks up jetting and you loose the deep tone of aftermarket cans. In the end it ends up sounding like an old cb750....But I still am not giving up. I love the look of the bike without the can... Maybe the backwards exhaust that was shown in a thread a while ago??? If and when I come up with the magic baffle/pipe set up that works for sound, power, and looks. I'll be posting it........Or maybe you'll have to wait till spring for the "Fighter Build off" unveiling!!!!!

.....G.....

:cfcartman:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts