Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am driving home from work this past Friday, already half PO'd, cause Friday traffic always sucks, for what ever reason, and as I get to one of the main roads, to get out of the industrial complex I am in, I pull out onto the road, and see two bikes a ways back . Now, as usual, I pull out fast....WRX:D, and these dummies are still coming up quick. Luckily, they are the next lane over. Then I only see one headlight....one of the dumbass's is up on one wheel. Brilliant.

Now, just for a point of reference, this is the same general intersection I almost saw a guy that works in the area, get killed on his BMW, when an 18 wheeler decided to blow a red light. You get the point..not the area you wanna have the front wheel in the air when you need to stop all of a sudden.

So then, they turn onto another road, also part of the way I got home. Its the road the Blue Claws stadium is on....for anyone knows the area.

Now, these idiots are right behind me...total squids.....shorts, sneakers, t shirt, no gloves or any other protection, other than the law required helmets..I guess they were a hair up on the brain bucket wearing sportbike riders.

We get going down the road, and I see them going real slow....and I know why,,,these idiots wanna get room up to ride some wheelies. Problem is, they were behind my car for half the time they were trying, and luckily went into the other lane as well. But, for anyone that knows this area at rush hour....its just asinine to stunting, or trying too, on these car packed public roads. If they ran into my car, I would have snapped their necks before they could get up off the ground..if the crash didn't do it for me.

And the one idiot....couldn't even get the wheel up...just kept revving his engine and burning up his clutch trying to.

I like stunting as much as the next guy, but for God's sake, these idiots should learn to do it in a safe place, away from cars, or public roads. I don't ride my street bike like I am on the track with my track bike.....I wish stunters had the same common sense...or any for that matter.

For any stunters that are smart enough to do it safe areas, and what not....this is not for you.....just the asshats that do it on the streets and around cars, etc.

Rant over

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
This is becoming all to common in NJ. I was driving home from the shore a few weeks back with the wife and my two girls. We were on RT 55 (if anyone knows NJ) and about 10 guys come flying up the road....1/2 of them on one wheel doing well above 80. They would pass us and then slow down to wait for their friends. They would in turn slow down and wait as well. They basically started to create a traffic jam and I was the first car. Now, I'm all for motorcycle safety and will never follow one to close. I try and spread that word to everyone I know. But these fuckwads didn't deserve that type of respect. They were all over the road. I maintained my speed, didn't brake and continued on. All the while thinking about how I will handle this with my kids when I end up running over one of them.

The bottom line is this... You don't stunt on public roads where you put yourself and a lot of innocent people at risk. Wear the proper gear because you are NOT invincible. Find yourself a parking lot or some other area. But if you insist on doing it on the public road ways and using poor judgement......please make sure you kill yourself and don't take innocent people with you.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Damn Doug, I'm sorry, My gloves were under my seat ? :D

I'm no where near a stunna, or a squid , but Yes, this is for me. :mad:
I can't even pull in or out the driveway without popin it up ! Or skidding or driftin sideways. ( When I'm on the fighter)

·
4,286 Posts
I never do it close by cars and In my defence, I'm soooooooo used to riding however i want off road, noone can tell you to chill or slow down or stop riding wheelies, I got to get myself in check.;)
If i had a dual purpose bike, I'de probably be doing SOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't care if people stunt, just do it in a way, that if you go down, you don't hurt anyone else but yourself. That is obviously not gonna be accomplished on public roads with people around.

Really, while I am ranting..aint no different than people that do triple digits on interstates and highways.... a fricken trained monkey could do the same thing....DZ aint impressed.

·
746 Posts
Sportbikes are becomeing all about freestyle. When I used to race motocross people would hear of it around school and come and ask me what tricks I can do, When I told them I raced dirtbikes they didnt know what I was talking about. Now I went to the only bar in my little home town the other night and some Squam lifers (losers that never leave here) ran into me and asked what trick I was doing on my 'blade when I ate it! apon telling them I was throwing a knee down on the north road and lost the back end they looked at me like I spoke chinese.

·
4,286 Posts
(I never do it close by cars and In my defence, I'm soooooooo used to riding however i want off road, noone can tell you to chill or slow down or stop riding wheelies, I got to get myself in check.;)
If i had a dual purpose bike, I'de probably be doing SOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse.) quote

^^^ My only defence ^^^^ I owned up !

My roots are off road, so obsticals and goofin off, dropin in from above on logging roads, whole road jumps, hillclimbs,rubbin elbo's and pushin the guy infront to make just one mistake while shadowing him. any log or clump of dirt can be a treat and take up a hour or 2 of my day, so I try ,but most of the time, it's game on !

I'll work on it on public roads, cuz i know it's not cool !

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Catman quoting and replying to himself.....this thread is gonna go down hill quick. LOL

Bailz..I hear ya...half the people I tell about my highside on the track stare at me with such blank stares...I can tell it aint worth explaining any of it. LOL

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sadly, most people come in contact with, even more sadly, half of them ride street bikes, can't wrap their heads around the idea that there are paved tracks out there for sport bikes....most immediately think it was a dirtbike accident.

Even less know WTF a highside is.

·
4,286 Posts
Catman quoting and replying to himself.....this thread is gonna go down hill quick. LOL
Damn ASS fucker !
Shhhhhhhhh, I can't hear all the voices in my head.:confused:

Sorry,I don't want to ruin your thread,delete any posts you want to, I realy don't think that folks who ride only street can ever understand where I'm comin from. and if golfers only knew what i realy want to do to thier lovely golf coarse with those rolling pretty grassy hills. :D

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cat: You are entering BB land......not sure what you are saying now.

And don;t worry, I don't need any posts deleted.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Really, while I am ranting..aint no different than people that do triple digits on interstates and highways.... a fricken trained monkey could do the same thing....DZ aint impressed.
You know...I'm a motorcycle advocate all the way. But when I see that a part of me wants the asshat to eat pavement. Not get hurt. But just enough to destroy the bike. Sometimes lessons are learned the hard way. Not to mention, people like that give every other biker on the road a bad name.

It's official...catman has gone into BB land. :LolLolLolLol:

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
Scary thing is with all the stunt vids coming out by the hundreds, Every swinging dick out there with a 12 bar thinks it's cool to wheelie down the e-way at 80+, Bad enough the guys that are actually good at it are doing it, But now there tons of new riders thinking its acceptable.. I mean Evil Kinievl(however it's spelled) didn't jump cars on the highway during rush hour:nuts:.. Anyway as was already said fine if you wanna stunt..just don't risk anybody elses life..My son and his freinds stunt every nite at the same place but ride safley and respecfully when on the road(I hope):D

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scary thing is with all the stunt vids coming out by the hundreds, Every swinging dick out there with a 12 bar thinks it's cool to wheelie down the e-way at 80+, Bad enough the guys that are actually good at it are doing it, But now there tons of new riders thinking its acceptable.. I mean Evil Kinievl(however it's spelled) didn't jump cars on the highway during rush hour:nuts:.. Anyway as was already said fine if you wanna stunt..just don't risk anybody elses life..My son and his freinds stunt every nite at the same place but ride safley and respecfully when on the road(I hope):D
Thank you...its good to see someone else sees things like I do. :party-smiley:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.