Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
cannon fodder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

need some advice used the search bar but think I may be wording it wrong.

A friend of mine is moving house and his missus has told him to have a clear out of his sheds

I`ve been given first knock back of a straight gsxr 750 slingshot frame with the v5 (registration form) hpi clear.

he also mentioned there is a of a 1200 bandit engine laying in the corner of his workmates workshop with a complete wiring loom too.

which both can be had very very cheaply as they need removing, please tell me these go together and are basically a bolt together.

cheers

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
Sounds like you have a chance at the makings of the infamous 7/11. I would go for it. As long as the 750 was air/oil cooled, and the Bandit engine is air/oil as well, they do fit together. ;)

The only difficulty I've seen before is fitting water cooled GSXR engines and frames together with a/o frames and engines. And 600's, they have smaller diameter mount bolts.

·
cannon fodder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the info

the frame accorfing to my friend is a gsxr 750 L frame which I think is early 90 so fingers crossed is stil oil/air cooled

1200 bandit is the mk1 oil/air cooled version don`t know if it true the engine may have gsxr 1100 cams in too.

yantosh is there anything to be aware when fitting the engine is this basically a bolt in just rear mounts need altering?

·
cannon fodder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick query

If the frame is a later version a water cooled 1993 will the gsf motor still be an easy fit like an oiled cooled frame.

Reason it is looking like the reg is 93 so the frame could be either

Cheers

G

·
A 750L frame & bandit engine is no problem but before you start trying to wrestle the motor in there drill the bottom rear frame mount out to the bandit mount bolt size,10mm to 12mm from memory, then you can whip the sump & the cam cover breather off & throw it in no bother

The next thing to be aware of is the fuel tap on a slingy tank may be tight against either the motor or carbs due to the taller engine so a little messing may be needed there apart from the above its just a simple bolt together job :party-smiley:

·
cannon fodder
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
been to look at the frame it`s as he described in good condition just needs a good clean.

I need some clarification as the reg is kinda close to the change from oil to water cooling.

looking at the front of the frame it has two hooks high towards the headstock does this mean it is an oil cooled frame?

thanks for the info regarding drilling out for the bandit engine that helps loads, been looking at both 750 and 1100 tanks sure i can sort something regarding fuel taps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts