Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought sliders for my wife's 919 from supply(n)demand on ebay. My thinking is, it's a hunk of plastic, what can go wrong. So I put them on Saturday and they look short, so I email him, he replies Sunday and says, 'these are the short versions' though it doesn't say anything about short in the auction. It does say they are 'about 3.5 inches' though by my tape measure they are closer to 3 inches. If I buy parts for a specific bike, I shouldn't need to know the specs, or I'd buy universal parts.

So I reply that that is a load of shit, and the sliders aren't sliders if they don't touch the f'ing ground.

And of course, the wife slips while moving her bike in a friends driveway monday night and f's up the alternator cover because the slider doesn't even reach the ground.

Long story short, avoid supply(n)demand on eBay. The parts you get will probably not serve the intended purpose and he refuses to stand behind his products.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
They have short sliders fir racing. They're supposed to sit flush with the bodywork, using both to protect the real bits of the bike from damage while not effecting cornering clearances or whateve other mystical clearances normal sliders would hinder.

I got my woodcrafts off ebay for $60. i likes em.

But if they say race or anything resembling that, then they're going to be the stubby ones.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
They have short sliders fir racing. They're supposed to sit flush with the bodywork, using both to protect the real bits of the bike from damage while not effecting cornering clearances or whateve other mystical clearances normal sliders would hinder.
919 came with bodywork?

Bike specific sliders should touch the ground when you tip the bike over. From the look of the picture on eBay for that seller, I would not have bought those. The bolts look thin and weak.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
I've seen "short" sliders before. It's nothing new and I wouldn't say you were mislead by anything other than your own lack of knowledge. It does suck, but it is what it is.

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen "short" sliders before. It's nothing new and I wouldn't say you were mislead by anything other than your own lack of knowledge. It does suck, but it is what it is.
The thing is, they are not called short sliders in the ad anywhere, but they do promise to offer the same protection as any 'name brand'. They offer no protection though.

I'm not really looking for sympathy here anyway, just trying to trash this guys reputation. He's selling parts that do not function as advertised, then basically telling me to fuck off.

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
European models maybe? I dunno. I do know if you buy shit you're gonna get shit. I'm just trying to inform the OP. This could've been headed off repeatedly.

1) don't buy cheap shit. Good brands on sale is different

2) see what other people think of that shit; chances are, if you google it, someone has already bought it and bitched about it.

3) know your shit, do a little research before you buy

4) measure your shit. A simple check after install could've prevented this before there was an issue.

I don't really feel bad, this is like buying a $100 set of "race" leathers and bitching when the seams burst the first time you go down. If the OP would've caught it before hand and tried to send it back, that'd be one thing. But to put some shit on, damage it, and then ask for your money back?

8/5/2013 19:32 PDT - Seller: This guy bought and received the shorter version of our frame sliders. He did not pay for the extended version, which are 1" longer. He bought shorter frame sliders, received shorter frame sliders, now he is complaining about the shorter frame sliders? We do sell extended frame sliders, but they cost more, and this guy opted to buy the cheaper, shorter set. He also states that his wife crashed his bike, and damaged this item. Now he wants his money back for a used and damaged item? That cannot be allowed, is it?

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
European models maybe? I dunno. I do know if you buy shit you're gonna get shit. I'm just trying to inform the OP. This could've been headed off repeatedly.

1) don't buy cheap shit. Good brands on sale is different

2) see what other people think of that shit; chances are, if you google it, someone has already bought it and bitched about it.

3) know your shit, do a little research before you buy

4) measure your shit. A simple check after install could've prevented this before there was an issue.

I don't really feel bad, this is like buying a $100 set of "race" leathers and bitching when the seams burst the first time you go down. If the OP would've caught it before hand and tried to send it back, that'd be one thing. But to put some shit on, damage it, and then ask for your money back?

8/5/2013 19:32 PDT - Seller: This guy bought and received the shorter version of our frame sliders. He did not pay for the extended version, which are 1" longer. He bought shorter frame sliders, received shorter frame sliders, now he is complaining about the shorter frame sliders? We do sell extended frame sliders, but they cost more, and this guy opted to buy the cheaper, shorter set. He also states that his wife crashed his bike, and damaged this item. Now he wants his money back for a used and damaged item? That cannot be allowed, is it?

My research on the seller in general turned up few issues with the actual function of the sliders, and again buying a direct fit part for a bike I should not have to check measurements to make sure the part will actually function as advertised. If I were buying universal fit parts that would be true.

I caught that they were too short beforehand and the seller basically told me to fuck-off, also the sliders are completely undamaged. Between the gas tank and the alternator cover they can't even reach the ground in a fall.

If I sold you a replacement shift linkage for an R1 that was 'about 8 inches' and when you got it it was closer to 7 inches and was too short to reach from the lever to the shaft on your R1, who is at fault? Obviously me, for selling a part to fit a specific bike and perform a specific function which it is completely incapable of doing.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
So wait....you knew the sliders were too short and wouldn't do their job, still installed them; and asked for the refund after you laid the bike down?

At this point I can only hope you're making all this up...

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I realized they were too short after I installed (saturday) them and immediately emailed the seller. I was waiting to take them off in case he asked me for pictures, because I was still hoping he might be an honest person and take care of his defective product. Monday she fell, and Tuesday I filed a paypal dispute because even with hard evidence of his false advertising he still refused to make things right.

I'm not asking him to replace the alternator cover, fuck no. My wife dropped the bike, that's our problem. I just want him to send me some sliders that function as advertised, but I refuse to pay extra to get what he promised I was getting in the first place. Or, I'll take a refund, and I'll ship his defective merchandise back to him at his expense.

Jeremy Wayne Breaux of Golden, Colorado is a scammer.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
My research on the seller in general turned up few issues with the actual function of the sliders, and again buying a direct fit part for a bike I should not have to check measurements to make sure the part will actually function as advertised. If I were buying universal fit parts that would be true.

I caught that they were too short beforehand and the seller basically told me to fuck-off, also the sliders are completely undamaged. Between the gas tank and the alternator cover they can't even reach the ground in a fall.

If I sold you a replacement shift linkage for an R1 that was 'about 8 inches' and when you got it it was closer to 7 inches and was too short to reach from the lever to the shaft on your R1, who is at fault? Obviously me, for selling a part to fit a specific bike and perform a specific function which it is completely incapable of doing.
To answer your question: if you sold me a shift lever and I failed to install it correctly; would it be your fault? Looks like you put the sliders on wrong turbo.

I realized they were too short after I installed (saturday) them and immediately emailed the seller. I was waiting to take them off in case he asked me for pictures, because I was still hoping he might be an honest person and take care of his defective product. Monday she fell, and Tuesday I filed a paypal dispute because even with hard evidence of his false advertising he still refused to make things right.

I'm not asking him to replace the alternator cover, fuck no. My wife dropped the bike, that's our problem. I just want him to send me some sliders that function as advertised, but I refuse to pay extra to get what he promised I was getting in the first place. Or, I'll take a refund, and I'll ship his defective merchandise back to him at his expense.

Jeremy Wayne Breaux of Golden, Colorado is a scammer.
Your camera doesn't store pictures? Thats weird, mine still has pictures on it from a year or so ago. Maybe you should read the directions.

Like say: when the description says one slider is 3 3/4" long and the other is 3 1/4" (no where does it say 3.5 for both) long...that means they're made for a specific side. I bet, if you'd of installed them properly they may have worked better. There's no way any frame slider is going to protect those engine covers. Looking at the angle they'd have to stick a foot out.

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To answer your question: if you sold me a shift lever and I failed to install it correctly; would it be your fault? Looks like you put the sliders on wrong turbo.

Your camera doesn't store pictures? Thats weird, mine still has pictures on it from a year or so ago. Maybe you should read the directions.

Like say: when the description says one slider is 3 3/4" long and the other is 3 1/4" (no where does it say 3.5 for both) long...that means they're made for a specific side. I bet, if you'd of installed them properly they may have worked better. There's no way any frame slider is going to protect those engine covers. Looking at the angle they'd have to stick a foot out.
The sliders only fit one way because the base of one is machined to a smaller diameter to fit on the left side. The right side will not fit on the left. I also attempted to switch them, but it would not have made a difference. They were both too short to provide protection.

I didn't know what angle of pictures he might want. The point of this is questionable anyway, the sliders are still in perfect, undamaged condition because they can't possibly hit the ground, and the damage incurred to the bike would have happened with them installed or not, the only way it would not have is if I had received a functional product on Friday instead of a defective one.

Like I told Mr. Breaux, if he had sent me functional equipment I would be starting threads praising his company and products instead of warning others to avoid them.

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's kind of odd that you are defending this guy, and that you pulled a quote from paypal. I did post that quote on another forum, but still a little odd.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
Not really defending the guy so much as pointing out how you made mistakes as well. Its not like you bought a set of woodcrafts and he sent you something else. The cheapest decent alternate I've seen of sliders for your bike were $90 and the rest were $130-150. It amazes me when someone buys some off brand crap for $20 and then cries about it.

The best part is how you expect him to eat the difference in prices and eat the postage. Which would cost more than what you paid for the sliders all together. He sent you exactly what you ordered, if you don't know enough to order the right shit its on you.

If you want the longer sliders, pay the difference and order them. If you want decent sliders, buy decent sliders. If you want to cry about some guy who sent you exactly what you ordered, then don't expect rainbow shitting unicorns.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Different companies but I've had ebay frame sliders on my SV650 and SV1000. The 650 has been down HARD twice - broken a wrist each time. Not gonna say the bike took no damage but the sliders did a damn good job. The 1000 has hit the ground once, the sliders did a good job then too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts