Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought a frame off ebay and have trouble getting it titled? What about the frames that say ez reg?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess this is too dumb of a question I wanted to do a frame up build . I was just wondering if anybody had experience good or bad with buying one from ebay. but noiw everytime i see this thread it drives my ptsd nuts so caN A MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS DAMN THREAD!!!!!

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Let me shine some light on your darkness:

You posted at night, during our slow season, in one of the least frequented subforums we have, and got impatient in just a few hours. This subforum does not appear when members click on "new posts" on the website.

Give it a few days and I'm sure somebody will give you some insight. Or, we can move this to the general forum to get more views.

But, we don't delete threads. There may be some useful information that gets posted here that somebody may find useful in the future.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Nolove don't get discouraged. Mike knows way more about the forum than I do, but this thread has been popping up for me and the only thing I ever check is the Today's Posts link so I'm sure people are seeing it. I just have nothing really helpful to add as I've never bought a frame off eBay.

Looking around on eBay though, it seems there are plenty of frames sold with titles and all the frames I've seen mention something about the title in the ad (either no title, or salvage, or clean, etc.). So to be honest I'm not really sure what your concern is.

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Buy a frame with a clean title, or don't buy one at all. That simple.

If buying a frame from outside your home state, make sure you educate yourself about that state's transfer requirements, as well as your own. Some require notarization for transfer approval.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
local NC DMV will answer all yer questions mate ,good rule of thumb tho is tha older tha bike/frame tha easier it is to reg.GL :)

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I was looking at some busa frames on eBay, I emailed the sellers asking for a pic of included docs with sale and proof of vin match on title vs frame

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nolove don't get discouraged. Mike knows way more about the forum than I do, but this thread has been popping up for me and the only thing I ever check is the Today's Posts link so I'm sure people are seeing it. I just have nothing really helpful to add as I've never bought a frame off eBay.

Looking around on eBay though, it seems there are plenty of frames sold with titles and all the frames I've seen mention something about the title in the ad (either no title, or salvage, or clean, etc.). So to be honest I'm not really sure what your concern is.
I did not know if i could get a title for a frame with only a bill of sale in nc

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
I did not know if i could get a title for a frame with only a bill of sale in nc
in NH our DMV/Town needs the most recent reg doc' in the name of the seller.Hope you get this sorted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sooooooooooooooooooooo, now that we have all that out of the way, what frame up build are you considering?
A 1979 gs1000 with a 1200 bandit motor, usd forks, mono shock rear, swing arm swap, shorten the seat pan, reshape the gas tank, not sure what route im gonna go with the headlight yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts