Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
wow, will you be using that seat or making a billet one?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
wow, will you be using that seat or making a billet one?
This one is just for quick fit check. I will probably order 3D printed seat out of black nylon from HP MJF 3D printer. Another option I consider is to print the seat out of temperature resistant plastic on FDM 3D printer and skin it with carbon fiber.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just received the seat printed on HP MJF from nylon black. The seat looks amazing with nice flat black injection molded like finish.

I'm still waiting metal CNC machined seat frame parts and once I will have received them I can start turning this ugly mother fucker to sexy bitch.

Prototype vs final product

·
hooligan quads
1,716 Posts
just wow!!!

Reactions: TPEHAK

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
tail looks killer! every worry about catching a bump and ending up sitting on the rear tire?

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
I'd want some grip on the sides of the seat/frame to help with grip

I'm a little surprised that this thread is in photoshop given it's a real bike and real mods

Reactions: sympul

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
I'm a little surprised that this thread is in photoshop given it's a real bike and real mods
We could change that if OP wants it moved. This bike is pretty awesome! Wonder where bouts in Washington...I was just there, woulda loved to check it out!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,548 Posts
I really like how you did your gauge setup and integration. Nice work. The bike is real clean. Simple looking. Lots of awesome details. Great work.

Who did your wheel widening? Did you have the welds xray’d?
Do you have plans for exhaust upgrades? It looks like it should sound meaner than it does heheh

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks!.

The rear wheel widening was done by KOSMAN https://www.facebook.com/kosman.specialties
I do not know if they did x-ray. They welded the rim inside and outside and it worked 5 years already for me with no issues.

I have no plan to change the exhaust. But I was thinking about it. The thing is the stock exhaust on Buell XB looks better than any aftermarket exhaust in my opinion, it fills the whole space under the engine and follow the motorcycle shape giving it finished look. It matches better than anything I saw on Buells. Also stock exhaust serves second purpose, it provides jacking points for motorcycle service, none of the aftermarket exhaust have this function.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts