Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

241 - 260 of 452 Posts

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
is that a drag-only setup? doesn't look to have any real cooling, which surprises me even for a drag bike.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
is that a drag-only setup? doesn't look to have any real cooling, which surprises me even for a drag bike.
GSXR/GSF oil cooled motor, "cooling" fins are 99% for show, cooling is by oil feeds/jets in head and bottom underside of piston.

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
Because machined cooling fins are fucking wow!! :D

Your cylinders are looking good, too. :knucks:
those look like old air cooled porsche 911 cylinders.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Carried out a call round to everyone who has things on order from me to ascertain that all is ok and progressing

with orders,

MGR are just waiting fork springs

Red6 are cracking on and about to send everything to the anodizers.

WSR are just waiting rear caliper from Brembo, apologized for the delay and added a WRS T shirt to my order for the trouble
Performance Spares are looking into finding some Gilles rear sets for me, i gave them a picture i found on the web (no idea of what they are supposed to fit)

not heard anything about my wheels from BST.

Did a quick spend calculation (spent + got to spend yet) = ​​​​​​​:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
got some more bits today to add to the ever increasing pile of stuff. oil cooler, mounts, hoses and some engine stands.*

started to strip the motor, got the head and barrels off, combustion chambers are nice and clean.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
After the exchange of a few e mails and pictures i had found on the web, between me and Mark at Performance spares we have found the rearsets i was looking for
they are GSXR1000K8 fitment VCR-SO1B, they will have to order them, but should only take 2-3 weeks from Gilles.

running out of things to order now, might have to do some real building soon​​​​​​​ :oops:

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Talked to Stuart at Warp speed racing, he is just doing a batch of blocks for the US, so will add my order to it.

I need to send him my block so he can remove the liners and fit them to the new block.

got to send him my new pistons to get the boring done at the same time.

got a message back from Racefit, i can send my tank down as soon as i want to get the twin filler done

Got a pic of my top yoke from Mick at Red6 , hope to get one of the bottom yoke soon.

bits still arriving through the post daily​​​​​​​

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,547 Posts
jesus! BLING!

Reactions: 370steve
241 - 260 of 452 Posts