Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

301 - 320 of 452 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
as with all things i get involved in, i have changes of mind that interrupt proceedings, My latest change of mind is whether to stay with the Supersport 34.5 depth discs or change them for the SBK 30mm discs that better match the race calipers??

I have sent a question off to WRS about wheel fitment, see what comes back

Tank is now in Customs clearing in the UK :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
WRS say SBK discs will fit no problem, so was considering sending the Supersport discs back and getting them exchanged, but then thought that i can always fit them to on of the GS's :thumbsup:
so might just order the SBK discs anyway :rock:

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
thought i would chase up the distributors/makers of the parts i still have on order, as i haven't had any contact from them for some time,

Performance Parts have just received my Gilles adjustable rear sets, so i have payed for them and they are in the post soonest,

BikeHPS are sorry but when they contacted Braketech a couple of days ago they got the usual story of "just about to do a batch" not a lot different to when i last got a rear disc from

Braketech then!!!

Warp speed Racing have received my block and pistons (main thing i was worried about), they are behind doing some engines they have on order, but will be doing mine soon(ish)

Mick Gardner Racing have forks done and are just waiting on a part to finish off the shock, should be ready for next week
Things are still moving along​​​​​​​

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Tank will be with me tomorrow :rock: as i have just payed the HMRC "BEGGING" letter for import duty and VAT..............Wankers :fu:

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
as the bearings and holder nuts came through the post, i did a test fit of the yokes, happy with it so far, need to do some small adjustments

and might need a thinner bearing seat washer, but not wanting to remove the bottom bearing in case i cause the bottom yoke any damage

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Brilliant fast service from SPS, ordered yesterday, received this morning, now fitted*

fitted the crank cases together to do a gear box test, all good, so back apart tonight for some case sealant and re assemble and torque up.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
wasnt sure if i had enough or the correct length of bolts required to fit all the engine covers/sump/generator.

so test fit was called for, found out which bolts were in need of ordering. now ordered.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
last bit of expensive metal parts pics for the day *new Ti engine brackets
​​​​​​​look much better in real life, camera just doesn't*do them any justice at all!!

301 - 320 of 452 Posts