Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

361 - 380 of 452 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Battery box done and hot off the Mill, collecting this afternoon , give me something to be going on with over the weekend. :rock:

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
I have sorted the brackets for mounting the electrics tray, bent up some mild steel flat bar, drilled some mounting holes, just

a case of getting them welded in place.

once i have ascertained that the swing arm fits without any need to cut or chop any more from the frame rails, then i will get frame off for coating.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
I have found that even with NOS side panels, the rear securing peg (long arm) is still very fragile and brittle, is also very likely to snap off with very little effort!! i had thought about making an alloy arm and fitting a zuse fastener to the panel as the way to go, but when i had a chat with Mick at Red6 he had just the thing to do the job and also look the biz at the same time.

He had some buttons and rods that can be fitted with little effort or tools sat in his workshop, he has also given me the link to them on E-bay, so i know where to get any more if needed. cheers Mick made my day  
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Car-Q...ispr=1&hash=item421510d932:g:6UIAAOSwkBtedHiW

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
went down to Grimsby to visit Mark Walker at MK Motorsport and collect my swing arm, job is absolutely brilliant and looks much better

than it has in any*pics i have posted previously. i have ordered some needle bearings and seals for the spindle,*

as i had suspected already, the sub frame down tubes will need to have some metal removed and plated to allow the arm to rise without hitting. not a big problem and as i said, i had suspected it would need doing any way.

wheel spacers will need reducing in diameter and slightly in length, so they sit in the adjuster block cut outs, also not a big problem.

lastly i will need to get a caliper adapter plate knocked up, but i will wait till i have everything in and aligned before i go there.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
should have taken your frame to him, he could have made the arm to suit
Like i said, i had expected it, and thats why i have held off getting the frame powder coated yet. will have the frame "adjusted" tomorrow, and plated sometime next week.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Its not a hassle, just something else for me to do, I asked for what i got, knowing i might have to adapt the frame a little bit more than i already had to with the TL arm.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
Did some cutting, grinding and out with the hand files, steering lock stops now perfect,*minimal cooler and tank clearance, but just enough so nothing clashes.

swing arm to sub frame clearances almost done, just need to remove a wee bit more to allow full swing arm sweep, without any metal to metal contact. need to

get the bearings and spacers fitted to do the final check, then i will make up some plates to weld into the new holes :)

361 - 380 of 452 Posts