Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 452 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
phoned DVLA this afternoon for a laugh, was told that i need the following forms/documents

to get a registration

1) V55/5 registration application document............easy

2) copy of my driving licence (identity)...........easy

3) £55 registration fee............sorted

4) french*log book............got

and an MOT *...............FFS!!!!!!!!

haha there is always a hoop to jump through, so i will find an engine to fit, then "daylight" MOT, with no lights, no speedo, no nothing that isnt needed lol

see how that goes down.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
have now got a proper TLR wheel spindle, also purchased a GSX1100 swing arm spindle, and have been given a side stand, so might be able

to have a play with swing arm and wheel fitment when the swing arm spindle arrives.*

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
whist down at Pro Kustom Paint dropping of my GS bits for tuch up, i had a word with Arnie about possible

ideas for the EFE, we have come up with an idea, he is going to knock up a test*piece for my viewing :)

·
Dickhead
689 Posts
Oh come on. Definitely need more info on that.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Had a play around with fitting the swing arm and wheel to get a feel for how it is likely to look.

seems that with the wheel ruffly placed centrally, the sprocket has lots of room for chain to frame clearance.

might have to put some fillets into the sub frame down tubes for swing arm clearance, but not a big deal.

think somewhere between these two should work.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
as of this moment, I am looking to do the following to the bike as and when i have time/cash/motivation/energy/friends/luck/................

1) nice shock unit (with hydraulic preload/length adjustment)

2) CBR1000RR front end

3) brace frame

4) full motogadget fitment

5) racefit Legends system and twin fuel filler

6) Bandit 12 motor

7) RS38 carbs

8) Special 1 off paint.....................

thats enough day dreaming for now, promised my girlfriend that it was going to be a slow gathering of bits, for a slow build to start in two years, when i retire

from work (for the second time!!! )

·
Misfit
321 Posts
I know you will make this as awesome as your others. I love me some EFE.
This just came up for $600 on the local Craigslist and I am having an internal debate get/not get it.
Absolutely don’t need, but want.
I know this isn’t the place for an objective opinion.

Attachments

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I know you will make this as awesome as your others. I love me some EFE.
This just came up for $600 on the local Craigslist and I am having an internal debate get/not get it.
Absolutely don’t need, but want.
I know this isn’t the place for an objective opinion.
DO IT, DO IT NOW:party-smiley::party-smiley::party-smiley:

·
Misfit
321 Posts
You spooked me into calling back right then.
Well, I should have jumped when I first called, the ad had only been up 4 hours at the time. It is gone now.
I couldn’t get to it on Friday, had to see if it was still there today.
Story of my life.
There was an 83’ 1100e advertised as part of an estate sale one week. Apparently, it didn’t sell and the next week it was up as free if it was picked up that day. Nice bike, low miles, parked four years.
I was three hours away and he wouldn’t hold it for me for more than an hour, first come first serve.
It was gone by noon, of course.

Glad you got yours in your hand.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
had a look around the web for suitable direct connection rear shocks, seems like a few but most need re spring for use with direct fitment.

but having had a few hornets with this type of shock fitment, i went to see what was readily available with upgrades if needed.

seems that the CB1000R is just what i am looking for, will be almost bolt on with no re spring required, i will probably buy an old second hand one just for set up purposes, best of all is that most if not all of the aftermarket performance options (ohlins, Nitron, hyperpro, biturbo) are out there for when needed.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
CB1000r shocks are stiff as fuck , we've used them in fireblades, tried one in the Bandikat, ended up with an R1 shock
is that with linkages? i am fitting same as they are fitted on the CB1000R, bolted to swing arm at one end and frame at other :D

·
10,429 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
swing arm spindle turned up today, correct diameter, wrong length! so Taff is going to be busy.

i will also get some top hats made for the swing arm/spindle fitment at the same time.

purchased a cheap used CB1000R shock from e-bay, to use for setting the swing arm geometry,

have got some ideas of how it is going to get fitted, spent a far bit of time studying pictures of my various hornets, fitted with various types of swing arm, to give me some good ideas of how it needs to be, but will make a real plan once i have the shock to work with.

21 - 40 of 452 Posts