Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Not done a lot today, spent most of my time sat looking (seem to get my best ideas just sat staring at her) its now*a case of again waiting on small bits and pieces to arrive, so i can get on with the next bit on the list.

going in for sub frame plating next week, was going to take her down to Mick at Red6, but getting some work done by SNT, so going to kill two birds with one stone and get them to do the welding at the same time.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Been down to SNT Race Engineering to drop off my bike for some expert loving, well get the sub frame plated where i have cut it away for swing arm clearance anyway,

also getting them to do some swing arm/chain clearance work, whilst there we concurred that it would be the best to change the chain and sprocket fitment from 530 to 520, this

would mean less metal to be removed. it was mentioned that the 530 chain i had supplied would go very well on the tractor outside!!

So i have phoned B&C Express and ordered some Renthal ultra light sprockets for my fitment needs, should be here soon. then i will pop them over to SNT for them to play with.
they will also be doing some measurements on the lower engine cases and con rods, to see if one of their new billet clutch baskets/GSXR 1000 slipper clutch will fit, now they are happy with them after doing some testing on some track days recently.

took pic of bike whilst there :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
new 520 sprockets came first thing from B&C Express, bloody great service as usual

then ordered one of these caliper brackets that will fit my Brembo 4 pot caliper, will be cutting the spindle end off and mounting it to the

fixed bracket on the Q/R system

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
well every day is a skool day, there was me wandering about fitment of my Brembo P4 24 rear caliper, and most importantly how it was described as fitment for 24mm and 30mm track discs.

i have checked mine and found that my disc has a 30mm track, but the pad only covers 3/4 of that track area? after some investigation it would appear that they make 2 different shaped pads for the same caliper!!

one is 5mm deeper than the other, and covers the extra track area of the 30mm disc.

so it was off to the Bay of E for the purchase of said bigger pads :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
in between this and that, I popped over to SNT Race Engineering with the 520 sprockets, also took*my old clutch basket over to have the primary gear removed and fitted to the new billet basket.

as they are confident that the new basket will fit, I have ordered a GSXR1000 K9-K16 slipper clutch from the Bay of E, asked for a hole with cover same as the one they do for the stock clutch cases to be machined into my clutch cover.

​​​​​​​

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Why is waiting the hardest part? waiting for SNT to give me the call, I know the job will be done to a great level of*craftsmanship, but it is still the anticipation of the call.

i am itching to get on with things, dont need to be big things either, anything will be satisfying.

I said to Neil that once the frame is sorted and coated, bike will be like a Mechano kit, as just about everything has been on, fitted/adjusted and removed to be ready for final bolt together, big job is as always going to be the electrics and wiring.

onwards

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
GSXR1000 slipper clutch turned up, Neil at SNT sorting out some work on swing arm today, awaiting pics

441 - 452 of 452 Posts