Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
170 Posts
Yes, very nice work. Why is the fork so far in the upper triple clamp? Why didn't you want to make the fork flush ?? Or is the fork too short for the perfect chassis geometry?

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Yes, very nice work. Why is the fork so far in the upper triple clamp? Why didn't you want to make the fork flush ?? Or is the fork too short for the perfect chassis geometry?
forks are where they will be once i have the extender tops fitted, they will be going on once they have been anodised :)

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
started to remove some unwanted metal from the lower number board mounting bracket,

more tomorrow, now beer o'clock
:)

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
removed a bit more from the lower number board mounting bracket, thinned the legs out, removed some of the end pieces and cut a groove for the head lamp leg.

with the top board uprights left in place, it gives me an option of fixing a top of the lamp holding bracket if needed.

bit more to do yet
:)

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
played around with steering damper fitment with main h/lamp fitted, have had to adjust the bracket for steering head fitment and lower h/lamp bracket to enable full lock clearance on rear of lamp, but it should now function in this position weather fitted with the h/lamp or number board.

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #534
finished off the lower mount today, very pleased with the result, seeing as most of the machining was done on my pillar drill, and first time effort by me!!

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
cleaned up the new bracket, then did a test fit with the LED spot to check for seating and placement, looks good to me, i will try cutting the hole into the number board for the lamp to shine through next.

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #539
not managed to do any work on her for a week or so due to all my time being taken up sorting the new man cave, might see if i can get an hour or two in

over the Easter week end coming up.

·
old fart
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
still not got round to doing anything on the bike!!! still busy with the man cave,

todays effort in the cave revolved around building up the "dressing station"

going to house our bike clothing, boots and helmets all nicely in one place, with the added advantage of somewhere to get in and out of it.

521 - 540 of 554 Posts