Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 452 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
made the decision to fit some 07 CBR forks to the build, one reason is the yokes*fitted the GS750 frame without any modifications to the stock CBR Steering Stem, other reason is i still have a set of fork lengtheners that came off the GS600 build. so today i purchased a set of 07 yokes

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
been round to see Taff, getting rear swing arm spindle machined to length and top hats made for same.

steering stem bearings, CBR1000 yokes, CB1000R shock unit and other small bits are all in the post and should arrive soon.

thinking of taking the 07 forks off the GS600 build and replacing them with some 08 or even 2010+ big piston forks, and using the 07 forks on this bike.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
got the top hats and spindle back, fitted and almost sorted, made a slight measurement fopar!! will need Taff to either re make one of the top hats with a thicker end, or get him to knock up a 2.5mm spacer.

otherwise all is good :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Right, i found a set of 05 CBR1000RR forks at a reasonable price, in what seems very good condition, but question is "will they fit a 07 fitment CBR1000RR?"

i have done a parts No check, the leg assembly is a different part No, but the fork body has the same No between years, i am 95% happy that

they will fit, but was just wanting any conformation from the masses before i put in an offer.

·
Wanna be racer
1,987 Posts
Yes they'll fit they're 50/54mm fitment same as Gen 1 (04-05) and Gen 2 (06-07)

Gen 1 forks are 694mm long as Gen 2 are 704mm
Gen 1 spring is 0.88 kg/mm and Gen 2 is 1 kg/mm

Gen 1 only used a 310mm disc though as gen 2 uses 320mm so something to consider.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
cheers mate, easy to sort the caliper spacing, just a case of new spacer (radial calipers are good for that) the slight length difference dont matter as they will be getting fitted to Avrils 600, i will be fitting her 07 forks to this build :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
got the info i needed so purchased these, they will go on Avrils 600, and the 07 forks with extenders will

be getting fitted to the EFE build.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yes they'll fit they're 50/54mm fitment same as Gen 1 (04-05) and Gen 2 (06-07)

Gen 1 forks are 694mm long as Gen 2 are 704mm
Gen 1 spring is 0.88 kg/mm and Gen 2 is 1 kg/mm

Gen 1 only used a 310mm disc though as gen 2 uses 320mm so something to consider.
do you have spec of gen 3 (o8 - 18) ??

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
started to play around with the set up now i have the forks and yokes. fitted the new head bearings and on with yokes, fitted the forks where they will be with the 50mm exstenders fitted.* trimmed the shock mount down a bit so the bracket would fit. added it to the frame almost where it will be mounted.

checked chain run, *will have around 1cm from frame to sprocket with wheel set central in the frame, so should*end up with around 3-4mm of clearance, might have some more if i grind down some of the massive pigeon shit weld on the inside of the subframe, but hope to get away with it as is.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
had a bit of time this afternoon so played around with the shock top mount, had some 6mm steem plate, so cut it to size and drilled a nice big 20mm hole for the shock bracket.

got the grinder out and did some shapping, just needs some strengthening plates, will cut some from the left over steel.

·
Misfit
321 Posts
You may have already stated it, but I am curious why you are setting this up as direct acting instead of the rising rate linkage the swinger initially came with?
You know I think there are no wrong answers, you have seen my decision making.
One of my favorite mods was a Kawi with dual shocks, side by side, in a direct acting setup on an old school 900 fitted with a new mono swinger.
Love the direction you are going!

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You may have already stated it, but I am curious why you are setting this up as direct acting instead of the rising rate linkage the swinger initially came with?
Zwei, the swinger is from a TL1000R that had a very odd direct mount individual spring unit and individual damper set up, the usual mod to it was to remove both the spring and damper units and fit a duel (normal type) unit, this was fitted as i am fitting mine directly to the frame and swing arm.

·
Misfit
321 Posts
Ahhh, now I see. I have a TLS swingarm on the shelf I’m not sure I’ll ever make anything of, with the odd linkage.
I remember another Efe that went to dual on an upgrade. I thought it looked good as well, you really can’t go wrong.
There’s someone right now, on the eBay over here, parting out a pretty complete Efe, all the bodywork and lights, etc. If you are still tracking down parts.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
There’s someone right now, on the eBay over here, parting out a pretty complete Efe, all the bodywork and lights, etc. If you are still tracking down parts.
Cheers for that, got it all sorted :) should be picking it all up soon, not a matched set, but as it is going to get a paint job that dont really matter :D

41 - 60 of 452 Posts