Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

601 - 615 of 615 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
7,047 Posts
Glad James is okay!

Best thing in the world when you're down, and bloody, is a friend (with a truck) on the way to scoop you up.

·
10,790 Posts

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
done a few small bits over the bank holiday weekend, the M-button fitment to the handle bars, meant drilling bars for wire to buttons and exit to m-unit. going to bin the idea of bar end indicators as they will be a right pain to remove once fitted, which will mean removal of bar end mirrors and fitment of lever protectors ( seem to be needed now on T-days!!) would be a pain, without the indicators i will be able to get it sorted.
sorted throttle cables and fitment, found a small area of contact between throttle cam and rear of cam cover, will be a quick job to remove a small amount of cam to get the clearance required.
had a play with my exhaust gas analyser dash fitment, will be going onto the number board top bracket arms, just in front of Motogadget dash housing. might need to make a cover to hide the loom.
Made a mounting bracket and sorted fitment of starter relay.
electrics tray layout sorted, Ignitech, M-unit and Breakout box placement now finalised.
popped over to SNT Race Engineering (congrats to the lads for three best in class race results at Cadwell park this weekend
:banana:
bike is a work of art
B|
) to drop off fuel tap weld on adaptor, should be sorted later today along with the tank breather.

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
popped over to SNT to collect modified tank, as usual a great job by Neil, just what i wanted/ had asked for, done very quickly and for a great price.
test fit of tank when i got home to check clearance on stick coil, spot on.
re fitted front brake system, happy with electrics tray, will be getting SNT to make me a 3D printed cover for it, also one for the fuel/air monitor dash.
started making brackets for F/A dash, but too hot in my shed, so will have to wait till the weekend.

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·
moving along slowly with the harness/wiring, needing to get some more ring connectors and some wire products.
today i got some wire through from Kojicat, yesterday did the h/lamp connector and the front indicators.
charging system all bolted up (inc charging mod) started to fit stick coil loom.
after paying my import/VAT/handling charge invoice (same as i would have before BREXIT) i got my new K Factory slave cylinder delivered, luverly bit of kit.

20210610_172520.jpg20210610_172532.jpg
20210610_172548.jpg20210610_172609.jpg
20210610_172637.jpg20210610_172702.jpg
20210610_172713.jpg

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
started off today with fitting the new clutch slave cylinder, adjusting the clutch actuator rod nut and setting the slipper clutch studs to the measurements given by SNT.
went to work on the wiring, started off making the stick coil loom, then the second half that goes down to connect to the Ignitech.
did the same with the Wago A/F meter loom, got all the connectors fitted to that.
same thing went on with the H/lamp, sorted the second part of the loom and wires through to the m-unit.
things were cooking on gas, then i managed to brake on of the wire clamps on the M-unit FFS, just had to be the ignition port too
O.o

i dont know of any repair to them, as the clamps are cast into the unit, so looks like i will be shopping for a new unit tomorrow.

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
found out from folk on this here new fangled inter web, that the wire clamp connector block on the M-unit is in fact replaceable, so i am now searching the said same modern version of the local buy, sell and swap but electrified and pushed through the ether to find one :)

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
208 Posts
found out from folk on this here new fangled inter web, that the wire clamp connector block on the M-unit is in fact replaceable, so i am now searching the said same modern version of the local buy, sell and swap but electrified and pushed through the ether to find one :)
And if you write to the people in Berlin (MOTOGADGET) ???
They are great. I once spoke to them at a trade fair.

You simply pull the bar upwards.

Andy

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·
And if you write to the people in Berlin (MOTOGADGET) ???
They are great. I once spoke to them at a trade fair.

You simply pull the bar upwards.

Andy
Cheers Andy, i have got some on order now from the UK importer, so should have it sorted very soon (y)

·
old fart
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
have now ordered some new M-unit terminal blocks (found out that they are now available through Motogadget)
did some more work on the harness and ignitech/m-unit connections, getting to where it is starting to look something like it should do.
happy with the progress.

20210615_221000.thumb.jpg.958b0b0a2c839a8fcc5be5bfb94bb250.jpg20210615_221012.thumb.jpg.f5c80f254559614128aa49ed8aedfb40.jpg

601 - 615 of 615 Posts