Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
621 - 640 of 646 Posts

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
getting there with the harness bit at a time, just a few more small additions, neutral switch, speed sensor, rear light cluster and fan.
then finish off the dash wiring, when the 9 core gets here.
20210621_134321.jpg
20210621_134311.jpg

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
this morning doing some work connecting the neutral switch/idiot lights for dash, thought i would stop for a coffee and check if post had been,
well bugger me, all the bits i need to finish off the harness/loom were here, motogadget 9 core for dash, 3 way Mizu mini connector for M-button/bar wires and the remaining wire crimps.
so onwards
:)

20210622_111058.thumb.jpg.53174b5ecbe0b33d3e884b18328cd9b3.jpg

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
almost sorted, just a horn to fit once it gets here, will need to calibrate/set the dash and M-unit, same for the Ignitech.
so work to be done without anymore wire cutting and splicing thankfully.
re fitting the oil coolers next.

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
have set up M-unit and Motoscope Pro to my prefered configuration, will play with the Wago and Ignitech when i get my laptop back from my daughter lol

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
fitted the oil coolers, hoses and cooler ends, tested fan and sorted head cooler top mount, need to cut the end plates to shape yet, but will
need the tank and bodywork back and on bike first.

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
227 Posts
fitted the oil coolers, hoses and cooler ends, tested fan and sorted head cooler top mount, need to cut the end plates to shape yet, but will
need the tank and bodywork back and on bike first.

Absolutely clean !!!!!!!!!! I like it !!!!!!!!

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
as most bits are now done and fitted i had a play with calibrating and messing about with the Wago A/F meter and Ignitech programing.
i have sent an e-mail to Ignitech to see if they do a map for the 4 channel ignition for a b12 motor, the only one that is in the pre programed maps
is for the BMW S1000RR, wait to see if they come up with anything or if i have to set up as i have on the GS with 2 channel!.

as i am getting old and stupid, I now find it increasingly easy to do daft things without much effort, so latest gaff was to cut the original footpeg bracket off the frame when cleaning everything up for powder coating, that was earmarked for the exhaust hanger to bolt to, Doh.
so i have knocked up a replacement bracket to bolt to the frame. more work/shaping to do to it yet, but it will work.

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
todays messing around with things was to make a foot for the side stand, i didnt like the angle the bike was sat over when on the stand, so i thought a slight step up in foot thickness would be just what was needed.
worked out just what i needed.

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
today i found that the nice guys at Ignitech had sent me a new MAP for the B12 ignition with four channel stick coil fitment on Tuesday gone!!
it was sat in my Spam folder FFS
:$
i now have the new map programed in and ready to go, just need to fill her with some nice new 10W 40 and we are ready to rock,
got the Tygon tube and plug for the breather tank, fitted it, left it long enough so it can be emptied out the side of the bike when the side panel is removed.
sorted the last of the wire sheathing, only the horn to wire in ( spade connectors in the post)
still waiting on Webike for info on billet side stand.
only a few small jobs left on the "things to do" list now.

20210702_180747.thumb.jpg.da03f57d374657539a0b2334bf6ecbd1.jpg20210702_180755.thumb.jpg.ab4c9b49e9d0e5345d72d55468bb4f08.jpg

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
227 Posts
today i found that the nice guys at Ignitech had sent me a new MAP for the B12 ignition with four channel stick coil fitment on Tuesday gone!!
it was sat in my Spam folder FFS
:$
i now have the new map programed in and ready to go, just need to fill her with some nice new 10W 40 and we are ready to rock,
got the Tygon tube and plug for the breather tank, fitted it, left it long enough so it can be emptied out the side of the bike when the side panel is removed.
sorted the last of the wire sheathing, only the horn to wire in ( spade connectors in the post)
still waiting on Webike for info on billet side stand.
only a few small jobs left on the "things to do" list now.

20210702_180747.thumb.jpg.da03f57d374657539a0b2334bf6ecbd1.jpg20210702_180755.thumb.jpg.ab4c9b49e9d0e5345d72d55468bb4f08.jpg
Steve can you please send me the file (ing.) For the Ignitech. I would like to take a look at this.

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 ·
played around with a few more things, still no go! getting towards head coming off and check valves soon.
got a quick pic of her looking mean and moody, but in a "fuck you im not working today" sort of pose!!

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 ·
after trying everything that i could think of, i only had the crank end sensor to change, but before doing that i went down the shed and took the GS apart!!

took the harness cover off and followed the wires from the Ignitech to the coils, wire on bike didnt match the diagram and set up details sent to me by Ignitech?????

i double checked that the input wires on the unit matched the set up instructions, which they didnt!!

so then i went to the GSX, swapped over the two coil input wires and she fired up first press of the button
:)

for some reason ignitech are saying when using 4 channel (4 cops), the orange wire to cop1 and white wire to COP2, which if then used with 2 Channel you would think that orange would go to COP1-4 and white to COP2-3, not the case in my findings.

i swapped white and orange over and we have success :)

not sure why i wired the GS like this (I cant remember not doing it the way ignitech said!) but lucky i had the GS to use as a datum.

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 ·
new s/steel billet side stand just turned up from Webike Japan, no VAT or import duty to pay = RESULT
👍
😎

looks like it wont take a lot of "fitting" either

621 - 640 of 646 Posts