Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
681 - 693 of 693 Posts

·
old fart
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #681 ·
started to do a bit more work on the air ducts, cut the bottom spike off, changed the top bracket slightly, but

will have to re make the bottom mounting brackets from scratch, i have ordered some 1mm stainless steel sheet to make some with.

look much better with the bottom extra bit removed

·
old fart
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
in my search to fit as much bling as is reasonably possible, i have come upon (pun intended
:)
) a very nice thumb brake assy, i had planned to fit one when i first ordered my brembo bits and pieces, but changed my mind after seeing just how much the brembo one was!

this unit isnt available for order until 4th Dec, but i think i can wait that long lol

Thumb-Brake-Black-with-MC.thumb.png.15db2a51d7698ec7752d49f1d73c920e.png

in my searches i have also found a linked brake valve for a small Chinese bike that i think should enable the use of this with the rear brake foot pedal

zs125-86-z22-21-1.thumb.jpg.2ec5a8b8bd5f740fcb2bce025e344d1c.jpg

·
old fart
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 ·
i have hatched a cunning plan for the placement of the clutch/brake fluid Reservoir pots, mounting them more inbound on the bar clamp, this will also aid the fitment of the thumb brake fluid feed, as i will run it from the clutch res too, thus meaning i wont need a fluid pot for the thumb brake Mech also. got a feeling that they will blend in better once the number board is in place.
got them test positioned to check the look

·
old fart
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
no going back, drilled, tapped and mounted, more Tygon hose ordered, had to shim under dash so i could get room for the M-lock to be sunk into

the clamp flush with the surface it is on at the moment.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: 370steve

·
old fart
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #691 ·
had planned to get the M-lock and dash fitment sorted, wanted the M-lock to be recessed into the bar clamp and have a larger hole for the wire connector to pas through.
also wanted a larger hole for the 9 way wire connector for the dash to be able to pass through to aid stripping when and if needed.
set about clamp with my "mill" and enlarged the bash wire hole.

then went to work on making the hole for the M-lock, used a hole cutter, then into the mill to clean the hole up, little bit left to do for the connector hole, but has worked out well

681 - 693 of 693 Posts