Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
What would you like to know? Ill get some pics and specs for ya
If it wasn't a spoke wheel, which wheel and cush drive? Offset sprockets (how much offset)? What swingarm? What specific tire (some 170's fit like 160's)? Also would like to know about the brake caliper bracket since sometimes cast sportbike wheels don't leave a whole lot of room for the caliper brackets.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm liking this stuff geek... sidewayzs... keep it coming!!!!

Ordered stage 2 jet kit...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
F2 rear rim
hub cush/ vortex 43T sprocket...
Hopefully this weekend I can get to stripping down the fram and working out the sub frame...

Now to look for the front wheel... and I'm working with an 87 front end...

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
I used 87 Ninja wheels and brake set up on mine. Stock swinger , with a fabbed up tab on it . Tire size on the rear is a 170/70/16 Dunlop. It may be due to the 16" wheel that I have so much room?

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Stock xl600r Swinger? or Ninja Swinger? I'm certainly gaining some play room with the Bandit swinger here... main issue will be the chain clearance for me if I were to run a 180... I just don't see the benefit of running the bigger tires... I'd rather stick to the < or =150 for the happy medium.

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
Stock xl600r Swinger? or Ninja Swinger? I'm certainly gaining some play room with the Bandit swinger here... main issue will be the chain clearance for me if I were to run a 180... I just don't see the benefit of running the bigger tires... I'd rather stick to the < or =150 for the happy medium.
Ah, cmon. 180. You said all out.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ah, cmon. 180. You said all out.
All out as in performance.... only pushing 43 bhp stock... throwing something that big is going to detract...

Feng Shui ninja deathsquad vs. overweight out of breath Thor hammer...

Maybe I'm completely off on this though...? Never really played in this part of town... lol

·
10,448 Posts
I used 87 Ninja wheels and brake set up on mine. Stock swinger , with a fabbed up tab on it . Tire size on the rear is a 170/70/16 Dunlop. It may be due to the 16" wheel that I have so much room?
Or it could be that you have a 170 tire on a 3" wide wheel. :nuts:

I'd check swingarm pivot widths before you get too excited about the bandit swinger in there. Would suck to find out you have to narrow the pivot by 2" or something crazy.

I'd say 120/160 tires this way you can get take offs from a ton of newer middleweight bikes for cheap. Example, I picked up a pair of 120/160 N-Tecs for $140 and they were only used for ~5 laps around a gokart track and I was even there to confirm they were only used that much.

All out as in performance.... only pushing 43 bhp stock... throwing something that big is going to detract...

Feng Shui ninja deathsquad vs. overweight out of breath Thor hammer...

Maybe I'm completely off on this though...? Never really played in this part of town... lol
I'll weigh some of the tires I have and give you some numbers to mull over.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'd check swingarm pivot widths before you get too excited about the bandit swinger in there. Would suck to find out you have to narrow the pivot by 2" or something crazy.

XL600R - pivot width - 200mm

Bandit swinger with dustcovers +10mm (5mm each side)

Bandit swinger minus dustcover +5mm (2.5mm each side)

IICRC, Mustaphadump related a tidbit of knowledge that actually turned on the lightbulb here;

The GS1100's pivot bearings have the same od/id as the bandit but were a few mm skinier and had dustcovers that were thinner or even flush. So that brings me to being a total of 205mm into 200mm...

Also, I've been contemplating just redoing the mounting tabs to account for the width, as it looks really puny to me... These frames ar sort of weak sauce when it comes to structural tabs...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
hyosung gt 650 front wheel on its way.....

Should look half way decent with the f2 6 spoke rear....

Not too familiar with this wheel, as there is no real info on the net, so we'll have to see what kind of machining is necessary when it gets here... Only definitive measurement is that it's 17x3... When you start looking into the mag options for supermotos, you start to understand how limited you are when it comes to what 17" sportbike wheels will fit... kat 6's, bandit 4's, some vfr options, cbr250's other cbrs, aprilla rs125, gs500's...

My most desirable options vfr800 or rs125 were just too far off budget... gt650 looks legit though...

·
10,448 Posts
When I put the FZR swingarm in the CL360 I had to take 7mm off each side so it would fit with the dust caps. I used a cutoff wheel to get within 1.5mm on each side and then used files to remove the last of the material while constantly checking it with a square. By starting with a course file I was able to rough it in and used a fine file to remove the last half millimeter. Left a nice smooth finish.

The Bandit uses a 25x33x35 bearing as the swingarm pivot. If you subtract 3.6mm to make the dust seal sit inside the swingarm so it's flush and take off 1.5mm of swingarm pivot width, that leaves you needing a 25x33x29.9 bearing. If those measurements are accurate then a 25x33x30 (TA2530Z) needle bearing could be used.

If you use 2mm of swingarm pivot that needs to be removed that leaves you needing a 25x33x29.4. If that's actually supposed to be ~29mm or less then you can use 25x33x26 (TA2526, TA25262rs, HMK2526LL, HK253326) which has seals built into the cup of the needle bearing. Or if you can't find that you can use 25x33x25 (TA2525Z) which is a standard drawn cup needle bearing.

That's the best I can do with uncertain measurements.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks Geek, you're a fuckin trooper!!!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
that color choice really pops. i love it. you should get a high viz helmet to match

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
that color choice really pops. i love it. you should get a high viz helmet to match
I like the idea of being seen from a mile away... Especially with the old fucks down here...

Not to wrap myself in doom and gloom speak, but if I ever take a bite out of a Caddy and don't come back for seconds; the old foagie saw me, and just didn't like my bike.;)

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Not to stress the lengthiness of this discussion thread, but supermotos are a foreign language to me concerning suspension. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best street performance suspension modifications for this build.

I've adressed racetechs website and got;

.58kg/mm front forks (closest .5kg/mm)
.55kg/mm rear shock (closest .5kg/mm)

Progressive suspension springs seems to be the all around, multifaceted, basic everyday rider suspension. I have seen medium and heavy duty springs, but it seems as if the light duty springs are the only ones available for purchase. Sort of makes sense to me to go with the progressive suspension due to the riding style, but can I manipulate these progressive springs to be stiffer through spacers or valving?

Need one of you suspension nutjobs to lay it on me... As I'm forcibly not pulling the trigger, until i get some guru guidance...

21 - 40 of 69 Posts