Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Newbie but not new
131 Posts
How did that molasses trick work out? Got any after pics?

Installing the CRF triples should be simple if you order a set of conversion bearings (30 ID, 47 OD) from Evolution Motorcycles. I'll even do you a discount.

I wanna see someone shit their pants!!!
I can pinch a loaf in the box with the bearings just for you. :D

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
How did that molasses trick work out? Got any after pics?

Installing the CRF triples should be simple if you order a set of conversion bearings (30 ID, 47 OD) from Evolution Motorcycles. I'll even do you a discount.

I can pinch a loaf in the box with the bearings just for you. :D
Actually, I was quite surprised to see that it really does work... Most of the pitted rust areas are now shiny and bare... the springs on the pegs which were corroded together are now free and operational with no rust... It reminds me of like a healing scab, where the rust/scab starts to shrink, leaving new skin it wake... There are still spots here and there though, so I'll give it another week... :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can snap some pics though... So I can show you guys what I'm rambling about...lol

I might take you up on those bearings, sans loaf of poop... I'm not sure, but I think I have to turn down the stem itself... The bearings will make up for the lengthier stem though I think?

·
Newbie but not new
131 Posts
I might take you up on those bearings, sans loaf of poop... I'm not sure, but I think I have to turn down the stem itself... The bearings will make up for the lengthier stem though I think?
I don't think any machining is required. Maybe a spacer for the length. Check out All Balls for the bearing ID's and OD's for the stem and frame. Evolution is the only one doing this size conversion bearing (30x47) as far as I know. All Balls did for a while but it wasn't worth the bother to them.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Not a very good excuse
It's not... I agree...

But it's a great excuse for you guys to show me up in the end!!!

Oh, and if someones bangin my wife I wanna know about it... Cause it sure as fuck ain't me...

Things have puttered out this past month, but rest assured I'm still on it, just haven't touched down since the week before the wedding.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Ive only checked in with cf maybe twice in the last month and a half. I was hoping to see this thing on its wheels. I guess ill have to try stopping by in another month.

It's mostly work and sleep on my end so I havent been getting much of anything done with my own build-off entry.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks to Robert (Uktech1) of www.evolution-motorcycles.com/ for the CF discount hookup on the CRF450 >> XR600 stem conversion bearings... I was almost confused at the door asking myself what the shit did I order???... It couldn't have been the bearings, I just placed the order... ???

Yep... bearings!!!

The man rekindled a flame with lightning..... lightning fast bid-nazzz!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

61 - 69 of 69 Posts