Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, boring shit update... Last night I degreased/cleaned/organized about a 15 pound box of various bolts/parts, covered in grease, pine shavings, and gerbil poop... So exciting...

Notice the 15 or so ziplocks... and all the shit on paper towels... yeah...

Today I attempted to strip the case covers with rustoleum aircraft stripper... IT WAS FUCKING GARBAGE!!!! after 2 liberal tries, following manufacturer's directives, I got this...:doh:

So, I took that shit back to discount auto for a return... @ $8.99 a can... Shit needs to strip some fucking paint...

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
The paint on those motors is bulletproof! What i found on mine is the Strip Kleen/ Aircraft Stripper in a jug worked best...... The sprayon stuff sucks! I eventualy sand blasted mine to finish the job.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The frame has arrived... It's in need of help, but for $49.99, one can't complain...

Looking for a set of wheels... Arguing the options...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I warned Al about the color, sorry about the rest of you not getting the heads up... Got some Montana GOLD (Flash yellow) the primary color of the bike... I see some more colors working their way into the mix, so the eye torture isn't over yet. lol

The Montana gold is a more detail orientated pattern of spray. Had the flash yellow come in black, a much wider and faster depositing spray, I would have gotten that... Also got the paint at a steal for $7.95 a can... The first can I dealt with here was a bit temperamental, and didn't perform in accordance to the paints raving reviews. So, I'm hoping it was just a fluke can, and the next one will operate according to standard. The stuff has a great lot of vivid pigment to it, can't argue against it's vibrancy...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just sayin' :confused: or did I miss-understand the spray pattern bit?
Their flicking you off because this is the build thread...lol... If you click the El Roy discussion link in my sig, that's where the talk happens... I don't mind the :oops:, shit happens, and it will be moved by the mods later, so no worries bud...

I really do dig the montana gold, It's really good shit, I just hope I can clear it with something that's going to protect it from fading as well as road debris...

Just got my Cr500 suspension in the mail today... :rock::rock::rock: pics tonight...:thumbsup:

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carbs were nasty, got the pinesol bath... No sonic cleaner so zip tied tubs to a wobbly barn fan... Helluva racket, but cleaned the carbs up pretty well... Nothing spectacular, but got rid of residual deposits, and turned black into grey...

Measurement steps...
threaded rod with nut. pulled flush to swinger pivot dust cover... Marked it. took it to the swingarm pivot on the xl600r pivot, pulled it flush marked it...

This is roughly the amount of material I have to manipulate in order to get the swinger to fit...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now here's my plan of attack with the swingarm fitment... I need to get some gs1100 pivot bearings, because if ICRC (still searching for the exact thread) mustaphadump stated that they were the integral, as in the bearing was sealed with a dust cover, and said bearing was flush fit into the swinger... This has to be verified first, but worst case scenario I just find short bearings and fab my own, or grind down the existing dust covers to fit flush with the swinger...

Rough measure of what a flush dust cover/ bearing takes off of the existing 10-11mm of material I have to remove to get the swinger in like sin.

So dust covers flush takes about 7mm off... Now we're down to roughly 3-4mm... or -1.5 to -2mm off each pivot point mount...

I'm thinking a calculated pass or 2 with a flapwheel over the pivot tabs on the frame would suffice, I could always weld a thicker washer (same id/od and + thickness that was removed) to the outside of the tab to keep the mount's beefy integrity...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stage 2 Jet kit came in...

Installed new jets and needles as I reassembled the carbs last night...

So carbs are go for sync, then application...

yes... this happened.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ewww....

Yucky...

Nasty...

Could have found it cheaper that $7.99 a gal, but whtevss, I can give her a try... 1 part molasses/9 parts water... 2 weeks= optimum results... That's as slow as....

Not planning on using all of these parts, I'm more than likely going to cannibalize them for other things....

If it works, I'm going to scoop out some of the solution and fill my sump with it, as it's pretty fucking rusty...

This gave me fond memories of the first couple of weeks into deployment...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Fighter Anthem...

Lost a few, probably gonna lose s'more...

... and I'm making a jiggy fly... Seems as if I'm second class with out one... Some scrap suburban bumper does a body good...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Play time...

Carbon Fiber/ kevlar bodywork is stirring in me brains...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Mock up, with wooden spoon axle.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, and no, I don't particularly like the gt650 wheel... lol... fuck me and my horrible choice in wheels...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you recently separated from your significant other, and reside in the El Paso, Texas area... You might be missing something from your bike when you go to collect all your shit from the front yard....

and at a bit of a "shot in the dark" as the woman whom posted it only had a history of high fashion shoe sales, and described it as;

92 Honda Exhaust; what you see is what you get.

Obviously it's a Supertrapp...lol
Judging by the pics, I'm almost certain that this is an XR600 header, and quite possibly an XRsONLY header pipe... fitment with minimum tweakage...

@ $135 shipped, I couldn't have passed it up.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Things are fucking boring atm. Wrapping up the semester and knocking out papers like a boss. I spent the last 3 hours getting the swingarm needle bearings out... WHAT A FUCKING PITA!!!!... Also, broke a bolt off on the left side case cover which has served up another drain on my patience... tried those grabbit deals and freeze, penetrant event tacked an old hex bit to it twice, and it snapped off. So I drilled it out for the helicoil and i cant get the helicoil to thread without going into a tangle so, I just tapped it to M7x1, and ordered myself a replacement bolt, as most stores don't carry the thread... Shit update, but things with pick up here shortly as I start piecing these bits together.

Shaving weight is numero uno as I start putting this thing back together. All unnecessary shit is gonna get the shhtick...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Magically things worked out with the wheel, F3 wheel $50.00 shipped

http://stores.ebay.com/Bridgewater-Recycling

Awesome dude, even throwing in some extras out of kindness...

Oh, and all my worries on the exhaust have been put to rest... Three words; LIKE A GLOVE!!!!!!

No bullshit, the header is about a third to 1/4 the weight of the stock pipe. feel like glass... Oh, and this setup is mint. hardly a scratch on it..

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can hardly express my excitement on how this thing is going to turn out... There are certain things in the works that are really going to push this into it's own. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope the great deals keep coming. Finding that wheel at such an inexpensive price opened up some room in the budget, as I was expecting to spend no less than $120-$150 for that F3 front.

Some of you know that I've been searching for a front end... Persistant and continuos searching pays off as I again, caught a great deal I wasn't expecting. A newly listed 04 Crf450 front end for $150...

Oh, and the perks of the purchase? Other than finding a set of 02+ CRF 450 forks for under $400???

Emig Racing Triples (Top/Bottom/stem)

Today, I have to start listing some goodies for sale... Should have the swinger wedged into the frame today.... need to order needle bearings.

Only thing left on the list budget wise is;

Body;
dynel
carbon fiber
kevlar
tank sealer

Drive;
front and rear wheel orientation (spacers/machining)
Rotor orientation (spacers/machining)

Suspension;
Rear shock XRL is super soft
Suspension tuned to rider and abilities

Then I'm done...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To the top;

The electrical tape identified the 1mm mark. Promise I'm not into bondage swingers...

Now the linkage game...

Fuck Factory, and maturity...

And look at my new toy.... $45 Craigslist score... Vertical/Horizontal metal bandsaw... Woot woot... More for my smithing than anything pertaining to bikes, but it will see use...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts