Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I think that bike makes perfect sense.... It will never sound like a harley, so why make it like a harley...
I mean why make it an electric luxo-barge? No one will buy it any damn ways, props to them for making it a naked standard...That may just get some new buyers.

I really like the idea of electric motorcycles but the cost is way way waaaay to high to justify it. My motorcycles get damn good gas mileage. Why do I need an electric?...

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
I would be happy to ride that Harley Davidson, looks pretty comfy seating position, yet still aggressive.

Delete the stupid rear fender thingy, and the mirrors and it would be a wicked looking bike.

·
That just happened
246 Posts
I almost posted this in a thread myself. I think it looks awesome, Harley's got the money to be creative like this to. Very interesting combo.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I've always said the second they make a battery that recharges in the two minutes it takes me to fill my gas tank up with fuel.... Count me in on electric bikes...

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I dont think this is going to be a full production bike. I remember reading somewhere the other day its just a limited thing and there only making a few of them.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I kind of want an electric bike. But I mostly don't want a Harley.

I think electrics are going to be sweet once they figure the battery tech to support.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,526 Posts
Besides it would only whistle when revved :O

Half the fun is revving at red lights.

Plus it probably weight a ton :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It doesn't have a clutch (or gears) so 'revving' would be a bad idea. Electric bikes don;t need them, since (unlike a gas engine) you get 0 rpm torque from an electric motor.

I think the short range is partly due to efforts to keep weight down, and also higher hourse power. The Zero has 57hp to this things 74hp, and (from what I see on the site) still only gets a claimed 88 highway miles for the largest (optional) battery pack.

Its not the Harely engineers are a bunch of paste eating morons (and even if they were, they consulted with the guys from Mission motors, who know whats up). Electric bikes have pretty well defined design parameters, within which you make trade-offs. Short range in retrun for higher power is an acceptable trade off for a lot of folks. I could totally live with a 50 mile range motorcycle that had ~70hp, if it was within my price limit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If you were strictly an urban rider (and I know a lot of people that are and consider 50 miles to be a long ride), then this bike could work, especially if your main riding is commuting. Plug it in every night at home, maybe at work and you wouldn't have issues. But for anyone else, it's really only practical as a second bike. Just too limited in function...battery technology and the infrastructure just isn't there yet.

If you want a fun, urban toy go buy a Grom. They're plenty fast for city hooning, go 150 miles on a tank, and refill in 10 seconds for $5. And they cost a small fraction of what these would.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.