Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Night Crawler
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey peeps. My timeline got wrecked because I had to leave my workplace (and motorbike) for a while because of covid-19. So I've got to sort out a new timeline! Two months from now (9th July) will be doable for a running machine.
Yes, it's still a fugly looking thing. Will need some cross bracing too!

·
Night Crawler
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Bike is running. I've only taken it up and down the street at the moment but power seems good, might even accelerate faster than my road bike (but probably tops out at around 55-60km/h). Has a bit of a clunk during acceleration which I need to find the cause of before I take it on the hills.

Note the destroyed terminal below when I got a bit casual - a piece of copper melted into my watch! Safety glasses highly recommended. Will add a ride video soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
ZAP! Musta felt that one!

Reactions: henry

·
Night Crawler
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I took the bike back to my parents farm a few weeks ago and took it for a big test ride; apart from one critical issue it performed really well. Decent top speed for farm (around 50-60km/h), really good power and the battery pack should allow a full loop of the farm. Regen braking worked well and will really be good on such a steep property.

Without going into unnecessary detail, I've got an issue where the motor will jerk/jolt and rapidly cut out, normally at lower speeds and higher current. Although it doesn't always happen. I've been posting on EV forums about this and I've probably spent 20-30 hours trying to figure out the problem but no luck yet. If anyone is interested in a more detailed description please read this thread:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=108008&p=1584830#p1584830

I've ruled out everything except the motor and the controller. I think it's probably a fault inside the controller but there could be a problem with a hall sensor inside the motor. Someone is going to help me hook up an oscilloscope this weekend which will hopefully help me rule out either the motor or controller.

·
V four honda whore
12,322 Posts
glad to see you are still at this

·
Night Crawler
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
glad to see you are still at this
Thanks Rex, I admit I've been pretty close to giving up a few times. It's taking a lot longer than it was supposed to and I've been spending a lot of my time working on things that I'm not very knowledgeable about and aren't overly special. It's pretty important to me that I see it though.

·
V four honda whore
12,322 Posts
Pr9jects where you push yourself over the limits of knowledge gets you new experiences. Thats one if the things what i love about building bikes

Reactions: henry
41 - 51 of 51 Posts