Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, absolutely no problem. One of the reasons I tried to movie it 🤣. The acceleration actually is ok. Hopefully a little bit faster than the old bike with hubmotor but far away from his max potential!
Next year it should be more interesting. As higher the voltage as more power will the motor deliver. I am in contact with the controller manufacturer and he said that it could happen that the voltage drop over the thyristor‘s getting to high. They can only handle 600A.
My setting said 500A but regarding the conversion from Dc to ac including low inductance of motor windings I am running over 600A. I bought one of the first controller of the model and in the last years they updating it. So it seems that I have to order some new boards and other stuff to update it. There are new 800A sensors. But actually as most of stuff hard to get! I checked the market regarding sending the controller them but one way ticket is around 900€ for the 25kg package to New Zealand!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very cool. This is defimelty the most interesting project on here at the moment, thats a painful shipping bill to get the controller re-worked, at that price you should consider booking two or three weeks holiday in December or January and delivering it by hand ! Good luck with the formal qualification runs btw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot!
Btw. I found now some smaller batteries in voltage (only 4S) and prepared it with 6mm bullet connectors.
That means that I am able to reach half of the voltage, which also means half of the max turns of the motor which is given with 6000 rpm.
So theoretically I should reach 3000 x 60 : 1,84 (transmission ratio) x 1,9 (rear tyre circumstance) = 188 kph. But I used field weakening option (use additional current to weak the permanent magnets for rotating faster), which costs acceleration.
The last run was at 350V where I reached 173 kph. So let’s see the result by next week 😅.

Cable Electronic device Rectangle Audio equipment Electric blue

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It’s not so quick at the moment! I am fighting with controller shut downs during acceleration. I think in the evening I can hopefully forward you a time slip!
I am running half of max motor turns and less of max acceleration, which depends on the current (500A from 600A possibility). Also the bike lift up in the front by pushing full throttle. It’s the 5th or 6th time I try to run it by increasing everything (voltage and current)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh guys, what a weekend! The material is ok but my soul a little bit damaged! Ok I know that this is/was a car event with a lot of cars who had 1000 HP+ but that the moderator make funny jokes about my electrical vehicle (looks catastrophe / who’s has accepted me to start with such a bike) and that I am not fast (regarding 11.8 sec with 196 kph) guaranteed me a lot of whistled from the viewers from the big tribune when I drove back through the box area. I understand that no sound don’t interest the viewers but for me it was fun to feel the acceleration). In my second run I got red light but my wish come true I got the 200 kph after 402m with half of the voltage I can run!
I am actually (normally) in the 11 seconds area because I don’t want to shut down the controller during start up that I started smooth and a little bit later I can go full throttle! Also that the starting line going from left side to the right side with a high difference every vehicle went to right side with his spinning wheels for short (also happened to me at first run)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cool vid, very cool. The crowd might whistle but fuck em, but could they build one? No, Not in their combined lifetimes. Are you also Thinking of using a dyno for ypur development work? or just sticking to practical tests ? It just looks like you could make big gains in a short time testing different setups on a dyno, and then use the track days for developing your launch technique. Whats the next EV record to aim for? I've seen some mental ev car vids but very little bike stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks for your support!
The problem with a dyno is the lenght of my motorcycle. The main frame was extended by 25cm and also the swingarm is actually 15-20cm longer (can extend it up to 35cm. The most Dyno‘s I know are a little bit higher over ground. So it’s not so easy to lift the 190kg bike on the top 😉.
Also the front fairing must be rebuild for that.
So I will manage it by test runs. It’s the easiest way for me, without additional costs.
In EV records I am not interested! Only want to have fun with my ev but of course getting faster in time will be the next step. The next event will be in middle of August and maybe the next 4 batteries will be shipped from China until there. Then I have to prepare them to get into my battery boxes. That means I can higher the voltage up to 450V DC to get more topspeed. I will also change the rear sprocket (actually 35 teeth) to 45 teeth which will make better acceleration but less top speed (maybe around 160 kph). I have time. It’s a long time project! And to be honest, after one test run the voltage level drop down and I will never reach topspeed again and therefore I have to reachable the batteries again.
Bicycle Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Crankset Bicycle handlebar

21 - 36 of 36 Posts