Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to replace the headlight harness for 2008 Ninja 650r with one for a standard H4 connector. I think these ( http://www.cycleterminal.com/headlight-kits.html ) would work but I am not sure whether I should get "ring terminal", "fuse box connector" or "sealed fuse box connector" option. Any help for a noob? I would rather not trust my headlight to my DIY abilities. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not 100% sure, but from what I gather from reading your link:

Ring terminals with removable fuse holder: This would be like a sound system wire in a car, coming off the positive post of the battery with an in-line fuse.

3 circuit fuse box connector: I believe this would go into an open spot in your fuse box, so this option would look much cleaner and closer to how they would install it at the factory.

3 circuit sealed fuse box connector: Same as the other 3 circuit fuse box connector, but with a weather-pac connector (Not sure on this one, it'd be nice if they had pics of these pieces on that site.)

I would go with either fuse box option. It is a much more professional way to do this. Any time you add a new circuit to a vehicle, be it car, motorcycle, atv, etc., you should always try to find an empty spot on the fusebox. Hope this helps.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
You should be able to find some help around here. Post up an intro thread and tell us a little about you and your bike. Its almost mandatory...then start a build thread if your gonna do some custom work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts