Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for anyone interested in the electrosport speedometers.http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_speedo_2700.html

ESmarcus said:
Any of the 2700/2800's with out the fuel gauge would be:

$100.00 if you guys can get 25 together total.
$85.00 if you can get 50.

For any of the 2700/2800's with Fuel the prices would be:

$105.00 with 25 people
$90.00 with 50 people

Thanks,

Marcus Atkinson
Electrosport - Sales
so aside from the obvious problem of all of us ending up with the same speedometer, who wants in? hmmm, it seems that my individuality is in fact worth less than the $20 I stand to save. That being said, c'mon all the kids are doing it......

(obviously I want one marcus, ACE-2802)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Re: Attn ESMarcus

depending on my financial situation at the time of the group buy I will be in for one. not sure which one yet though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Attn ESMarcus

We may want to change the title of the thread to "Electrosport Gauge Group Buy" or something like that. That way people actually realize what it is. I do appreciate you going ahead and making the post, and I am excited to see what kind of turn out we can get.

Thanks,

Marcus Atkinson
Electrosport Industries - Sales

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Same as flint...before Christmas, there's no way I will be able to afford it. But after Christmas I'm in. One 53 series for me. I'd prefer black on this bike (the 2753) but I'll go with whatever the group buy sets up.

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guess I started this thread too early... I just bought some land last night so now I cant afford it until after christmas either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys,

I understand that Christmas isn't always the best time of year for finances. So if you guys wanna get a gauge, just post you want one. And we can always ship them all out after christmas time, when we all have money again (I know I will probley be broke too). I can work it what ever works better for you guys, if it takes a little while thats alright.

Marcus Atkinson

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
count me in on this. i need a fuel light something fierce. i guess knowing my speed wouldn't be a bad thing either. any color except the polished is fine by me, i don't do bling.

do they offer a direct connection to the factory speed sensor for this model?

·
Registered
34 Posts
skr00zloose said:
count me in on this. i need a fuel light something fierce. i guess knowing my speed wouldn't be a bad thing either. any color except the polished is fine by me, i don't do bling.

do they offer a direct connection to the factory speed sensor for this model?
skr00z - Does the cbr954 pick speed up off of the transmission? Or is it front wheel? Right now I dont have any cables that will replace the transmission mounted pick ups, but I have a ton for front wheel pick ups. If not I can get you a magnetic pick up that you can run to the front wheel or the rear.

By the way, just so its understood it doesn't matter which color/model 2700/2800 you guys order. As long as you get to 25 or 50 collectively is all that matters.

Marcus Atkinson

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
it's off the output shaft of the trans. it's all good though, even my current bicycle speedo drives the same way as these units do, no biggie. my gearing is so far from stock i'd have issues with getting an accurate reading from the trans anyway. i'm actually more interested in the guages for the tach and the fuel light than anything else, well, that and the fact that they're backlit so i can see it at night. how many do you have wanting these right now? i may be able to get together a few more locals that'd want them for thier projects.

edit: i've also heard of people tapping into the factory speed sensor, but removing all but one of the 4 pickups on the trans shaft, and then calibrating the speedo to the diameter of the shaft at the pickup, if that makes sense. if the speedo is able to be calibrated down to a really small diameter , that should work just fine. i have yet to actually try it myself though. i just broke the pickup off my bicycle speedo, so i may try it on that and see if i can get it to work, if it does, it should work the same way on the speedo's being offered here. i'd have to do some math... it might work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
skr00zloose said:
it's off the output shaft of the trans. it's all good though, even my current bicycle speedo drives the same way as these units do, no biggie. my gearing is so far from stock i'd have issues with getting an accurate reading from the trans anyway. i'm actually more interested in the guages for the tach and the fuel light than anything else, well, that and the fact that they're backlit so i can see it at night. how many do you have wanting these right now? i may be able to get together a few more locals that'd want them for thier projects.

edit: i've also heard of people tapping into the factory speed sensor, but removing all but one of the 4 pickups on the trans shaft, and then calibrating the speedo to the diameter of the shaft at the pickup, if that makes sense. if the speedo is able to be calibrated down to a really small diameter , that should work just fine. i have yet to actually try it myself though. i just broke the pickup off my bicycle speedo, so i may try it on that and see if i can get it to work, if it does, it should work the same way on the speedo's being offered here. i'd have to do some math... it might work.
Skr00z - The diameter settings on the unit it self goes down really low, so you should be able to get it set up like you were saying. If not the magnetic pick ups are a little more heavy duty than ones that come on a bicycle speedo. Also if you wanna get some of the local guys in on the deal that would be great. The more you guys can get together the cheaper you get the units for.

Marcus Atkinson

·
Registered
84 Posts
im redoing my wiring harness and i'll have take pics of how i hooked up my acewell. it could be a lil cleaner, but im running a magnetic pick up on the front rotor. i didn't like how short the magnet bolt was and i ended up picking another one up so i can put a nut on the other end.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.