Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is everyone. I purchased my 90 600 hurricane roughly 5 months ago and was in the process of just getting it running. Well i got it running good and decided to sell it and make a few bucks for another project bike i purchased. The purchaser was leaving with the bike and it stahled at the end of the driveway. Something was shorting out and blowing a fuse everytime you hit the start button. I gave the guy his money back and took the bike back. Maybe its a sign that i need to play with this thing some more. So after finding that it was not the kill switch which is a common problem for these i decided to just do what ive been wanting to do to this thing. I have now ripped everything off the bike and im currently pulling the whole harness to check it all for bad wiring. I plan to chop the back off and go for more of the bobber look. Ill add more picture as i havent taken any sense i started tearing down this evening.

So after the wire harness i want to focus on putting a light on it which i believe ill go with a 7" circle or so. Then i wanna get rid of that dumb radiator overflow tank and replace with a thermos thing like ive seen done on this sight. Then also move that oil cooler. So much to do and no garage:( Hoping to fund this project a bit by selling all the fairings and stuff on Ebay. never tried selling on ebay though so we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update
####

Never tore apart a motorcycle before or try to make something different out of one but im gonna try. The harness is out and everything is labeled. not real sure how to check the harness other than just undo all of the taping and just check the wires for cuts or breaks. Would this be correct. Anyone that has done this is it best to clean up and re use the stock harness or make a new one. Id love to hear all of your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
welcome in mate ,set up a thred in beginner streetfighters question area..about them shortin out issues.
Thems real grate midsize bikes and perfect to fighter .GL with the project

1 - 3 of 3 Posts