Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these while cleaning up today, I don't need them. Will fit CB, CBX, GPZ, KZ, GS, XJ, FJ, XS.

$35 + shipping is a sweet deal for someone I think! Will ship anywhere, buyer pays

New in box, never used

:thumbsup:

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't speak to these exact pods because I haven't used them, but the rule of thumb is 1 jet size for every mod. Filter, 1 size. slip on, +1 size. Header, +1 again. etc, etc...

So just bump up a jet size when you put them on and fiddle from there.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
From what i gather, some bikes take to pods better than others.

I've been warned off trying pods on my XJ750. Apparently the cv carbs don't like the change in airflow pattern, and you don't fix it just with bigger jets. Means I'm gonna need to build a custom airbox that (roughly) matches the original in terms of volume / port dimensions.

OTOH, my impression is that older CB's love running pods (and don't have CV carbs).

So yeah, seems to vary with bike, from being a simple jet swap and carb tune, to more or less mandating changing your carbs. Worth checking what people say about running pods on your specific carb setup, before diving in.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
OK, since you keep taunting me....

Box says 54mm on it - what's that mean? Brought my carb boots inside the measure, looks like the boots are 44.5mm ID where they slide onto the carb. Does that match? Might not be critical either way, as I'd probably do some sort of velocity stack between the filter and carb.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts
That's what i figured - its the only dimension that really matters, after all. Sounds WAY to big then. Odd that they list "xj550-900" on the box. LIES, I say. Emgo does make a 45mm version - http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ33446 - that's probably what I would need.

If yer willing to split the set, I'd buy one for the airbox I plan. You might have better luck selling them individually for single and twin carb bikes anyhow - I'm guessing that big, they are suitable for a Harely or other large displacement twin.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Colorado, you have pm.

Robbo, you sir have second dibs :D ps - you owe me a phone call ;)
Ha I do fer sure;) lemme mesure me carbs and I will call ya when tha storm is hammering tha crap outta us this weekend Seb:D

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Oh well me carbs are 42mm and I seen on tha box that tha KZs are 81and upm all mine are oldddd:(
BUMP up fer grabs stillwill still call this weekend :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts