Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if theres a certain thing that i should do for my carbs and motor when i dissasemble. Theyre only gonna sit for about a week maybe two. I dont know if i should drain all fluids or leave some in so it does not seize or what? All the swaps that i have done were over a matter of hours and they were fired up immidiately.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
How far are you taking the engine apart?

If you're just taking the carbs off and not any of the parts off the engine, it'll just be like the bike is sitting for a week.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Then it's no big deal, it's not going to seize unless you try to start it without oil or with coolant or something in the crankcase or something stupid like that.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
For a couple weeks I wouldn't worry too too much. Mine has sat longer than that at school without being started. When I drop an engine I just drain all the fluids possible for ease of movement and it descreases the likelyhood that it will leak.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Plus it's a good chance to get all the old fluid out of it, since everything is apart anyway.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
but if you drain the motor and let it sit for too long isnt that bad??

·
hack
729 Posts
I left the oil in mine just because I was afraid of that (losing the prime on the oil pump and all that). is that not so much of an issue?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts