Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Version 1 started many years ago as a stock 05 ZX10R. My goal was simple... handlebars, no irreversible mods, and lightness. Other than all the normal rerouting of wires and such that comes with making a sport bike naked... RK Excel Rims, A custom top triple clamp and overflow, and some Denali lights were the main mods. The rims only came for the 06/07 version so some wheel spacers needed to be machined.

Also did some upgrades like a 520 conversion, gearing change, carbon can, Ohlins internals in 06 forks.

I dont remember the weight, but I think it went from 450lbs to about 410. Performance wise the bike was a beast at that weight and gearing but it still looked only so so due to no real mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Version 2 I wanted to make it look more custom and get rid of the stock front wind screen especially. Of course making it lighter is always a goal!

I was inspired by Honda CB to go with the round front head light. I had to create a bracket to hold it and the gauges (which looked pretty awesome with the handle bars. Weight came down to 399lbs with a brimming full tank due to the front mods and a lithium battery!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Version 3 I finally decided to keep this bike forever and actually mod it!

Cut off the and modded the sub frame for a new carbon tail. Carbon side panels and front fender. Upgraded black brake calipers front and rear. Painted the tank, radiator, lower triple, and front fender sides (will have this done by pro this coming winter). Rear sets, Rukus after market overflow, titanium bolts all around, modded frame sliders, upgraded black perches and levers, mirrors, gas tank cap... prob forgetting some stuff.

I just need to attached the lic plate, add an LED tail light strip, and... if I can find a place to do it... mod the seat to fill in the gap between the side panels and tail section.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking nice!! I know I never want to get rid of my 05 ZX-10, they still tick all the right boxes, especially naked. Love the tail section!
Yeah they do! I did a lot of research before I picked my base bike. There is nothing lighter to this day (liter bike) other than like a super leggera! Its so light i get on first time season and try to flog it like a dirt bike... and it reminds me uts not lol🤘

1 - 5 of 5 Posts