Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought this Hyosung for pretty cheap and as soon as I bought it I though bobtail, and here recently the wiring harness decided that it didnt feel like working anymore so I figure this is as good a time as ever to make some changes.

Aight nuff talk here we go...

First things first gotta chop the tail no prob. here pretty straight forward

Next for a little bit more nonsense I decided the muffler wasnt atracting enough cops so I chopped it short, put a echo tip on, and wrapped it

Ive also started making a new overflow tank, its a old paintball tank primed and Im thinking of painting it that blue the NOS cans are painted and pinstriping GO GO JUICE on it

Also I decided to use an old four wheeler seat I had sitting around instead of my old seat
First I took it apart

then I copied what I had to chop off from the old seat

instead of making a new seat pan I just chopped up my old pan

I also prepped the tank for a new paint job thats coming up next, sad to see this paint job go it was my favorite so far, but o well time for a change

This is how it sits so far hopefully this weekend I can get the tank painted, and the seat covered.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Bike looks great, any plans for a new swing arm in the future? That stock one just does not match the rest of the build

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike looks great, any plans for a new swing arm in the future? That stock one just does not match the rest of the build
Yea thats on my list Ive actually been thinking about using a 06-07 GSXR swingarm that way I can keep my tire size the same on the back and I can reuse my original shock until I can afford a better one, but so far no luck finding one on my poor boy budget. I also dreamed of using a SSSA off of a VFR just like everyone else, but maybe next build

·
Winter's comin... :(
4,869 Posts
PS You covered the echo ports on the exhaust :doh:

So it's not as loud as it could be. The difference is negligible, but if you're going for loud, make it all the loud it can be, right?

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys late in November I lost my best friend to her fight with brain cancer. She was the greatest friend I could ever ask for and her death had a very large impact on my life and its been a rough ride so far without her, but you must move on in life and Im hopeing that working on bikes again will help the healing. So Im back and keep a heads up for updates. Thanks CF family

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
working on my bike always seems to perk me up, no matter how bad of a mood im in. sorry for your loss and i hope to see more updates soon

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Sorry for your loss man I lost a friend a couple days before Christmas this year and working on or riding bikes is the best way I've found to help you remember that you're still alive and to make your friend who you know is watching over you proud. Good luck.........can't wait to see what you do with this thing.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Glad to see you are back at it, it's a cool project!
My condolences to you and those who knew your friend...

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys thanks for the support it does mean alot, here goes first shot Im ditching the Bobtail and going for something that looks a little meaner I've actually had this idea for a while now and thought now would be a good time to try it out. I took cardboard and bent it around to the shape I wanted then I taped it up
I put some speaker cord around the edge to raise it a little so I will have a pan to form a seat into
Little more shaping and cutting

Next step is to cover the entire thing in fiberglass so I can eventually cover that if carbon fiber sheets along with the tank, more to come

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.