Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is crazy! I knew the seat got hot, but DAMN!

This is from a Honda ST1300 out in Arizona on a 106F day:

From image above (since is blurry)
Side of fuel tank = 151°
Side of seat = 181°
Fairing "tip over wing" = 161°
Saddlebag side = 151°
Hondaline Top box = 151°
It is possible under "just right" conditions to get transient spot temps of over 230F on some surfaces like the corners of leather covered seats when the sun is at just the right angle for a few minutes.
230F!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Also... If you happen to have fairing storage compartments (I know most of you dont....) they did test that and found it can easily get up to 180F in there, so be careful about what you put in there.

Read the full story

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
ab420 said:
Also... If you happen to have fairing storage compartments (I know most of you dont....) they did test that and found it can easily get up to 180F in there, so be careful about what you put in there.

Read the full story
yah. someone was just telling me that it gets up to 230F in your car when you leave it sitting in the sun with the windows up! apparantly some local woman put a tray of cookies in her car during work, and came out during lunch to get the fresh baked cookies for a snack.
:LolLolLolLol:

and about the seats being 180' i can totally attest to that. workin at a dealership and having to move bikes around can be a real pain in the ass (ba duh dum ching). those black seats get so fuckin hot after sitting in the sun all day! :wtf: maybe they should start making white seats?!

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
929_adam said:
yah. someone was just telling me that it gets up to 230F in your car when you leave it sitting in the sun with the windows up! apparantly some local woman put a tray of cookies in her car during work, and came out during lunch to get the fresh baked cookies for a snack.

and about the seats being 180' i can totally attest to that. workin at a dealership and having to move bikes around can be a real pain in the ass (ba duh dum ching). those black seats get so fuckin hot after sitting in the sun all day! :wtf: maybe they should start making white seats?!
There was a story wth one lady, who left a can of Fix-A-Flat in her car in the summer....

BOOM!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts