Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Robbo, I have one. 250 tig model.

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product/tig-stick/powertig-250ex

I really like it. Welds just like a miller or lincoln at below half the price.

1) plan on ordering an ssc pedal to replace the stock one. Don't buy their "upgrade kit."

2) get a better torch. Grab a WP20 ck.

3) a real quality regulator would be best.

For $2500.00 you can get a nice 250A ac/dc tig with a lot of features and a cooler.

Now, don't buy used here. I'm gonna a be honest. The older everlast are fucking garbage.

Newer ones are better. The power supply designs are miles ahead of the old ones...but the ancillaries are garbage.

Also, the digital models won't be worth the added $ unless you are a pro and can utilize all the settings.

Save some money and just buy the std non digital with more power. I've found that welders with a bunch of digital shit all over them have more issues. It's the old KISS rule at work.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robbo, I have one. 250 tig model.

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product/tig-stick/powertig-250ex

I really like it. Welds just like a miller or lincoln at below half the price.

1) plan on ordering an ssc pedal to replace the stock one. Don't buy their "upgrade kit."

2) get a better torch. Grab a WP20 ck.

3) a real quality regulator would be best.

For $2500.00 you can get a nice 250A ac/dc tig with a lot of features and a cooler.

Now, don't buy used here. I'm gonna a be honest. The older everlast are fucking garbage.

Newer ones are better. The power supply designs are miles ahead of the old ones...but the ancillaries are garbage.

Also, the digital models won't be worth the added $ unless you are a pro and can utilize all the settings.

Save some money and just buy the std non digital with more power. I've found that welders with a bunch of digital shit all over them have more issues. It's the old KISS rule at work.
much appreciated J' I wil consider al this and post up what I get eventuly.

·
BoObieS
40 Posts
I know this is 6 months old... but I thought I would throw in some real world experience. I own an everlast 50amp plasma torch. I have it hooked up to my 2 axis CNC and it has kicked ass for almost 5 years. You can get replacement parts from their reps online or run up to harbor freight and get consumables. I know what you're thinking... Harbor freight parts!? The plasma uses the same consumable tips and cups so it's nice to be able to run up to the store when you realize you burned up your last electrode.

Anyways... I have never used their welders, but I have some buddies who have and they swear by Everlast and their customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts