Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a smaller radiator for my build and have not had any luck so far. I want an 03-04 sv650 radiator but there haven't been any on ebay in the last couple weeks, so I have a favor to ask...

For those of you with relatively small and flat radiators (no curved around the forks style), could you give me some quick l/w/h measurements and what type of bike the radiator is off of.

:cfrocks: :rock:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
mine's curved, but i have bikes in and out of my house daily, i can get measurements of the bikes that come and go if you want.

at the moment i have a gsxr750, an r6, a katana, and my 954 here, all of which are curved, or not water cooled. i have a couple f3's and a few other bikes coming in the next week that i can pull measurements from though.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I have an 05 SV650 I'll take measurements tonight. Just want to tell you they changed the rads after 03. The 03 SV650 is actually wider. Check the SV forums, svrider, socalsvrider, etc, also check the race forums like WERA, you may have a few ppl with radiators in the garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skr00zloose said:
mine's curved, but i have bikes in and out of my house daily, i can get measurements of the bikes that come and go if you want.

at the moment i have a gsxr750, an r6, a katana, and my 954 here, all of which are curved, or not water cooled. i have a couple f3's and a few other bikes coming in the next week that i can pull measurements from though.
Awesome, I appreciate it.

enrico vespa said:
I have an 05 SV650 I'll take measurements tonight. Just want to tell you they changed the rads after 03. The 03 SV650 is actually wider. Check the SV forums, svrider, socalsvrider, etc, also check the race forums like WERA, you may have a few ppl with radiators in the garage collecting dust.
Yeah, 99-02 and 03-05, right? The 1st gen is more square and the 2nd gen is more rectangular. I am not sure if the 1st gen would clear my header, but I know the 2nd gen won't be a problem. Thanks for the help.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
roadsterd said:
Yeah, 99-02 and 03-05, right? The 1st gen is more square and the 2nd gen is more rectangular. I am not sure if the 1st gen would clear my header, but I know the 2nd gen won't be a problem. Thanks for the help.
even with the second gen, for some reason, they gave the 03 an extra wide radiator and 04+ a smaller one. I measured mine, it was 16inches wide and 6 1/2 inches tall, give or take a 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sevenpointsixtwo said:
My F2 has a flat radiator, I will pull some measurements tomorrow for ya.
Badass, the F2 was one of the radiators I was lookin at. It was my first bike too, so I can't wait to see how yours turns out. :knucks:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
after tommorrow i'll have an f2, an f3, a 97 gsxr750, a zx10, a katana600, a 95 zx6r, a vlx600, an ex500, and my 954 here, anything in particular you may want measurments of?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skr00zloose said:
after tommorrow i'll have an f2, an f3, a 97 gsxr750, a zx10, a katana600, a 95 zx6r, a vlx600, an ex500, and my 954 here, anything in particular you may want measurments of?
The F2, F3, ZX6r, and the VLX600. I think if I can't find an sv radiator, the F2 might be the best bet.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
should be here in the morning, i'll get dimensions if someone else here with one doesn't post em up first.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
well, the f3 that just got here has a curved rad on it. the r6 is flat, but it's HUGE. i'd imagine if you're looking at rads for bikes like sv's, then the r6 wouldn't be what your looking for.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skr00zloose said:
well, the f3 that just got here has a curved rad on it. the r6 is flat, but it's HUGE. i'd imagine if you're looking at rads for bikes like sv's, then the r6 wouldn't be what your looking for.
Yeah, I just checked on ebay and it's only the F2 that has a flat radiator. I just figured it would be the same. Thanks scrooz :knucks:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
if i get any bikes in here with a decently small rad that's flat, i'll post up some specs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
my fzr radiator is 15"x7.5"x1.375"

my drz radiators are 5"x13"x1.75"

the only downside to using mx or dual sport radiators is they are tall and skinny with the filler on the top. You would have to mount them in that orientation or modify them. The benefit is if you get the side without the filler you should be able to make/use a remote filler neck, the fzrs have remote filler necks under the tank. hope it helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wonder if the MX radiators would enough to cool my F4i though. This might be a stupid question, but how would you go about making a remote filler neck, how does the system work?

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
you just need a place for a radiator cap and your lines in and out, pluss a small line to your overflow. I would reccomend you buy one but if you want to you can make one. You just need a block of aluminum, tap it for pipe thread so you can add brass nipples, and then machine it to fit a radiator cap. I made a remote tstat housing for a car which was a bit different since it didnt have a cap on it. these arent the greatest pics but you get the idea, this one used two filler necks and housed the tstat because on a car its usually bolted to the block, this app it got in the way of the intake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts