Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have plenty of time till its bike time so untill then its plan plan plan. i have got many ideas looking threw builds and pics so it time to get some anwsers for some of the things im itching my head about.. (+03 sv650 btw)

first off i was wonder how important fenders and when putting a street fight together? i know i have no fairings to block any thing .. is it worth it (road dabris wise) having on the front and is a rear hugger really keep that much rubber of the undertai?

down the road i will be doing a front end swap and the zx10r rear shock swap. the thing i have noticed when it comes to down to the gsxr front ends i have read a bunch of stuff and its all over the place. i get that if its a -03 the srad front end works with the locks (not to worried about the locks) but the +03 is a crap shoot. the 600 works but isnt a stiff as the 750 and then the thought are why not go with the 1000... what are the thoughts here on the this? i am going with clip on's when i do the swap untill i like or hate them.

the last thing is simple.... any one here use cerakote on there bikes for everything paintable?

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
ok so i have plenty of time till its bike time so untill then its plan plan plan. i have got many ideas looking threw builds and pics so it time to get some anwsers for some of the things im itching my head about.. (+03 sv650 btw)
Pictures please! :LolLolLolLol:
first off i was wonder how important fenders and when putting a street fight together? i know i have no fairings to block any thing .. is it worth it (road dabris wise) having on the front and is a rear hugger really keep that much rubber of the undertai?
Front fenders are really nice if you ride anywhere in the wet. You can live without one, but one time in the wet might make you change your mind.

The rear hugger and chain guards are not necessary, just keep the bike cleaner. I have no protection for the bike in the rear and have done 20k miles like that, no issues. (I just have to put up with more dirt.)

down the road i will be doing a front end swap and the zx10r rear shock swap. the thing i have noticed when it comes to down to the gsxr front ends i have read a bunch of stuff and its all over the place. i get that if its a -03 the srad front end works with the locks (not to worried about the locks) but the +03 is a crap shoot. the 600 works but isnt a stiff as the 750 and then the thought are why not go with the 1000... what are the thoughts here on the this? i am going with clip on's when i do the swap untill i like or hate them.
There are a lot of guys that have done this swap and there is a lot of information out there. I personally won't do this kind of swap due to the increased forces on the frame and with the cartridge R6 forks (RWU), I will have the same(ish) performance available.

the last thing is simple.... any one here use cerakote on there bikes for everything paintable?
That is awesome! I have used truck bed liner on parts before and it has held up very well, probably be the same(ish) results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts