Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Sofa king we tall did
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have a chance to get a build thread going. This is my first bike build and i cant wait for it to be finished so i can enjoy it! The bike is an 05 Buell XB12s. purchased it about 2 months ago and the day it came home with me i started tearing it apart. Here is the low down on the mod list...

Powder coat all silver parts of the frame flat black
Hagen 7 low rise bars
PE 1 inch bar risers
Oberon bar end mirrors
Buell traction grips
Pazzo shorty levers
ASB open air box kit
Piper cross air filter
Kick Ash translucent intake cover
Breather reroute to a Billet catch can and k&n breather filter
black lower chin fairing
black front fender
Motocyco heel guards
LSL scalloped foot pegs
PE billet brake and shift pedals
Dark horse moto axle sliders
shaved tail
smoke tail lens cover
led tail light with integrated turn signals
Trojan Horse tail lift kit
D&D exhaust
Motoscope mini
Motogadget m-lock
Motogadget Buell bar top mount for motoscope mini
GSG rear brake reservoir
ceramic coat the headers black

The only thing i cant decide on is what im doing with the headlight area. Since i will be using a motoscope mini in place of the stock gauges and a m-lock in place of the key lock cyl I will be able to do anything i want up front. I have 7 ideas picked out but cant make up my mind as to which one to pick. Its a tough decision.. anyway here are some pics.

The bike when i purchased it

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
are you saying you have pazzos or are getting pazzos. cus you got levers now. and the same with the exhaust ? selling old ?

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Did you buy that from a guy in the poconos? Some of those pics look really familiar.

·
Sofa king we tall did
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you saying you have pazzos or are getting pazzos. cus you got levers now. and the same with the exhaust ? selling old ?
Already have most of the parts in my list. im just catching up on doing a thread. Im trying to make it a build thread instead of a "here it is thread" lol
I'll be adding pics today as i get time.

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
you should get some cool art or something done on that intake cover.

Reactions: evil mechanic

·
Sofa king we tall did
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you should get some cool art or something done on that intake cover.
My Tattoo artist is going to airbrush something on the top of that white plate that holds the air filter down. At first i was thinking a skull because its the perfect shape for it, but now Im going to wait till the bike is finished to see if i can think of something to go with the front end.

·
Sofa king we tall did
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics of the Hagen 7 bars, PE 1 inch riser, motoscope mini and motoscope bar top mount

here is what the motoscope mini looks like on its own

and the bar top mount... the little LEDs are for the warning lights that would be on the stock instrument cluster

The billet catch can

pic of the catch can from far away. you can see it behind the forks if you know what your looking for.

·
Sofa king we tall did
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some pics i took last week. its 75% finished. It will be 100% over the winter. As i said before the hardest part for me is deciding what to do with the headlight. The tail lift still needs to be put on and so does the m-lock. i'll be doing all that in a couple weeks along with removig the stock gauge cluster and front fairing/modules. i'll keep the headlights on untill i figure out what im doing with them.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I think it needs something super small and abbreviated that fits between the forks and hides well. would go well with the overall theme of the bike.

·
20 Posts
the bike looks awesome.

thought for the white plate... have you considered covering it with sculpture? like a skull face or a spider with it's legs hanging down around the filter?

·
Sofa king we tall did
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think it needs something super small and abbreviated that fits between the forks and hides well. would go well with the overall theme of the bike.
Id love to have the "Lamp Glow" headlight that Fight Machines sell on their website, but $500 for a headlight is a bit steep! I see what your saying tho.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts