Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the story...

I bought a EX 500 a couple years ago one part because i like to tinker and the other because it was a pretty good deal at the time (the last dropped it so front fairing was basically toast)...

I basically bought it as a project bike (always wanted to make a fighter or a cafe racer) but other than doing basic tune ups i haven't really done that much because school got in the way.... and now i am done with school finally and I was looking at my bike and found this site!!!

So i have seen a couple nice takes on a fighter ex500 but i was wondering a couple things and i was hoping if you guys can help me out

1. Is there a thread already outlining the basic tear down and what i need or dont need anymore?
2. When i take the rear faring off and keep them off where does all the wiring go? do i have to reconfigure the harness itself or am i supposed to tuck it somewhere?
3. im from canada so i am just wondering is there any kind of limitation to how extensive my modifications can be to keep the bike insurable and legal? (i.e. cutting the frame)

any other tips or links to some other ex500 builds would be great as inspiration i am still planning it all out

thanks in advance!!!

·
220,221.Whatever it takes
784 Posts
So here is the story...

I bought a EX 500 a couple years ago one part because i like to tinker and the other because it was a pretty good deal at the time (the last dropped it so front fairing was basically toast)...

I basically bought it as a project bike (always wanted to make a fighter or a cafe racer) but other than doing basic tune ups i haven't really done that much because school got in the way.... and now i am done with school finally and I was looking at my bike and found this site!!!

So i have seen a couple nice takes on a fighter ex500 but i was wondering a couple things and i was hoping if you guys can help me out

1. Is there a thread already outlining the basic tear down and what i need or dont need anymore?
2. When i take the rear faring off and keep them off where does all the wiring go? do i have to reconfigure the harness itself or am i supposed to tuck it somewhere?
3. im from canada so i am just wondering is there any kind of limitation to how extensive my modifications can be to keep the bike insurable and legal? (i.e. cutting the frame)

any other tips or links to some other ex500 builds would be great as inspiration i am still planning it all out

thanks in advance!!!
Hey man, there's lots of us EX500 guys around. Just do a search and you'll find several good build threads. I kinda went a cafe route with mine (check the link in my signature). I have no idea what the registration/insurance laws are like in Canada. Can't speak to that. I chopped my frame down and managed to sorta rearrange the harness in a semi-nonstupid fashion but I plan to shorten the wiring harness in the near future. I had to weld on some new mounting points and stuff, though.

Just look around, use the search function and ask questions- usually in that order :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts