Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have this laser exhaust fitted to my bike, to me the can don't look to bad accept 20 years out of fashion , the bike is a 1985 gpz 600 , it seems to have a 4-1 down pipe and a what looks to me a odd center pipe off a unkown bike . I cannot get a new exhaust for it I have look far and wide on tinternet ... Do you think making this into a stubby exhaust would work , as there seem to be 3 tubes in side that seems to me feed a single tube out ......... If it was a car I would know but on street bikes I haven't a clue ... Any help appreciated

Some ref pics

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Drill out the rivets on the end cap and see whats in there!
If you wreck it too badly just figure out what bikes have that pipe diameter at the collector and pick one up for that bike...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yeah I suppose your right , titanium rivets in there i think may need a good drill bit , could I replace them with stainless or alloy rivets do you think?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys got bags of both just no titanium , off to drill off the cap see what I find :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well ,it was to late too drill them out last night . But this morning I started the bike with no can and she sounds like a moto gp bike :LolLolLolLol:

Thought take it out for a rip , thing is my bike been running a little off a little bit of bog down thought it was due to pod filters mixture haven't been sync yet and since it a work in progress bike I haven't order a air box yet. But without the back box on I had no hesitation and full power through to redline but it was very loud moto gp style. So my logic dictates that there it too much restriction in that can ,

So dilemma is even if I cut this do you think I still have exhaust flow problems ? I Rather not cut up a retro can that's in good condition apart from a clean may suit another riders project.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Sounds like your heart ain't into hacking up that exhaust... Measure inlet diameter and buy another can to hack up. Then sell that one, because it sounds as if it's doing you no good the way it sits...

If it were me :)
That can would've been opened by now, if it didn't seem like gutting or chopping it up was feasible I'd just rivet it back together with whatever rivets I had handy... But that's just me...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol yeah my heart isn't with modding this one, I don't think it will work anyways insides it has got too many baffles from the looks at it.

Just one more item on the parts list

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
Never mind the tea/coffee/sugar containers, what's that next to the batteries? Maybe you should convert this exhaust into a different kind of "pipe"..... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts