Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold this fella a tach plug and he lives in Holland. He sent me a pic of his bike and straight away I was impressed with how well his 4-1 header tucks against the frame. I asked him who's header it was and he said he fairly sure it's the stock header for his bike.

US model DOHC CB750's never came with a 4-1 as far as I knew. And all aftermarket 4-1's double stack the primary tubes like so:

This is the V&H pipes on my bike.

Now see how well his header tucks up.

So is this really just a stock header for a European model? Seems unlikely to me that Honda would produce a painted header for a production bike,but it's possible it has just been refinished. I've been hunting for a header like this ever since I've been dragging my pipes under hard cornering ( aka: Day 1 ) , so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the k came with twin silencers as stock here in the uk, maybe it was different in the rest of Europe

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
I'm probably wrong as it could get, but that really looks like an old Yoshimura header on the euro K model pic with some goofy muffler on it to pass emissions/tech/not blow out ear drums. At least that's the only company I've ever seen do them like that to prevent the issue you've found of ground meeting hard stuff.

No clue what exact style/year that header was made if it was a Yoshimura, but, it looks alot like one I've seen before on a cafe build locally, also a K model too.

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
Nope. My Yoshi is double stacked.

It really depends on what Yoshimura system it was though, most popular bikes had 3 or 4 different options from baffled street ready stuff to fully wide open ear piercing track systems, and the headers changed quite a bit from system to system too. The pictured K model 750 header looks like a full on track header. The more street oriented K system would look like your 1100F system.

I'm no Yoshimura expert or anything, just had alot of those systems as I feel they sound and perform the best when used as a street system, and I've modified alot of them too combining different Yoshimura mufflers/mid pipes/headers to produce the right flavor of sound and performance for a bike. And often replicated parts for them too when the original was so far gone it just needed to be tossed in the scrap bin.

Part of me wonders if that was a custom deal the original owner had made...

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Where were you when this was going on? -> link
:fu: lol
Lol, I don't go out of the "member's project thread" section too often... But when I do!

:)

TBH, I love a good i-d this part thread. I would've been in here sooner but I thought you were talking about the "inner diameter" of an exhaust. :D

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
I thought you were talking about the "inner diameter" of an exhaust. :D
Glad I'm not the only one... Lol.

But it looks like it has some sort of bracket or tabs right about under the rearset?
Maybe start there...? I don't see that on any of these other ones.
Did the stock pipes come with a heatshield or something? In that case, it might actually be a stock euro pipe or something.
All I can offer, haha.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's for a SOHC. 69-78, but thank you!

The op was about the 79-83 DOHC bikes. But the one in your link IS the stock 4-1 for that model (single cam) of bike. I always wondered why they didn't keep that same layout for the twin cam bikes. Those pipes will actually fit on a twincam head, but I don't think they will hang down far enough to clear the frame. Or they hang down too far, I can't remember which....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts