Votes: 4 25.0%
  • D&D

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Scorpion for the low end, Akrapovic for the higher end. Arrow for anyone who really needs to spend money. That's what I sell personally.

Fighters would LOVE a good source for different diameters of clamp-on pipes. 2.0" would be the most universally useful.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Personally, I'm a Yosh man. They just make a very good all around exhaust.

Jardine is starting to get my attention though. Specially the slip ons for the new GSXR's very cool looking.

Micron is cool just cause of the color options.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Buddy of mine has the Jardine's on his 1050 speed triple. They sound sweet.

I've done 2 installs of the moto GP slipons on the 07 GSXR1000. They are super easy and sound sweet. The catalyst muffels it pretty good. Also comes with removable baffel cones if you want it quiter. The only thing I don't like about it is they use these pipe clamps that are very visable. Looks like shit in my opinion. The kit does away with the little factory cover that hides the catalyst. Last one I put on I made a couple little brackets to put that cover back in place to hide the ugly. Looked 10x better.

·
GURU
445 Posts
I run jardine on my buell too. Ran a yosh on my gsxr and wasn't too impressed with it. Must be cus of those funny 4 cylinder motors :buell: ftw

·
407 Posts
If I'm buying the system(meaning it didnt come on the bike used) I'm going with the Akra. Fit and finish are outstanding and the power gains are good, and it has a nice mellow sound. I'd also consider Arata. Anything else I'd take on a bike used but I'd never purchase myself.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I get bikes with a lot of different pipes coming in an the Akrapovic and Arrow pipes are by far the highest quality. Sound is a preference thing, they're both pretty mellow, Arrow pipes being louder.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
I have the full stainless Akraphovic on the Red Death GSX-R1100.
With the Carbon end can.
Then I had it pipes ceramic coated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts