Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chemical X
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started my stubby conversion on my exhaust with started like this:

And ended up like this:

My problem is that the internal baffle? seems to be either welded or stuck on the end cap.

I was hoping to just take end cap off and re-rivet back onto the smaller stubby but with the internal baffle stuck how would i go about connecting this?

Just angle grind the internal baffle and try it that way?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mate,

Measure the required length of the internal baffle and cutting off the excess would work. Make sure you repack it tightly otherwise it might be a lot louder than you want!!!

·
Chemical X
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate,

Measure the required length of the internal baffle and cutting off the excess would work. Make sure you repack it tightly otherwise it might be a lot louder than you want!!!
Both ends of the exhaust have the internal baffle so i would have to cut very deep into one of them to simply connect them.
Packed the little part of the exhaust well. Took nearly all the packing out of the other side of the exhaust.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Look inside the end cap and see if you can see the welds that are holding in the internal baffle.

Consider grinding them away then it will be easy enough to mate the two parts together once you have removed that part of the baffle.

Fresh packing is easy enough to get hold of.

·
Chemical X
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill have a look, seems only way would be to destroy the remaining internal baffle.

Ill get the grinder out... :p

·
Chemical X
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Repped for that link :)

Thanks for your help, atleast if i mess up theres some replacements :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts