Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to find an exhaust mod or set up for my bike that is short, won't hurt my motor and doesn't have to be braced at the rear of the bike......please help

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i dont really think that the pipes need to be supported at the rear peg.... i ran my 929 without that for a while cuz i lost the bolt...and i was stunting all day with it like that. im pretty sure the 3 bolts holding it on keep it pretty secure. even more so if your running a shorty!

anyone else??

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
that gunna be hella loud dude,you more then likely wont have to support it to much more

a friend of mine has one kinda like that on zx10r,and aside from being a weee bit to loud while doin wheelies i like em

are you gunna buy a gp exhuast or fab your own?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
yah you wont need to support that any more. . . i like that style exhaust.

i was thinking of something like that too. i got a sweet piece of pipe i'll show you tomorry.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Green Lantern said:
that gunna be hella loud dude,you more then likely wont have to support it to much more

a friend of mine has one kinda like that on zx10r,and aside from being a weee bit to loud while doin wheelies i like em

are you gunna buy a gp exhuast or fab your own?
that pic is of a set up for sale on e-bay (except brand new)....i was thinking of buying it......it's pretty cheap.....alot cheaper than my scorpion can....

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
got a link? does it show better pics??

i wouldnt be suprised if it was just an end pipe polished up that you have to figure out how to bolt onto your exhaust.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Hey man, if your suzuki is like mine, the only support (mounts) are at the rear peg and the springs at the front. You'll likely need somethin' else, but you can fab something up to tie in with the frame. Especially if you have a welder. If there are more mounting points on yours ahead of the can, you'll be fine.

I'd do the swap though, if it's too loud you can get cheap $10 slip in baffles later. Post a thread if you need baffle help I know a few of us have experamented quite a bit with this shit.

Glen

:cfcartman:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
And if your suzuki is like my gixxer and there is a soild mount under the pegs, It's strong enough without the rear can mount.
Check out getting a titanium can from China Steve !!!!! They don't weigh nothing and he can get it cut SHORTY 10 inches on mine ( don't ask how we measured it. )

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i think thatd look sweet! it looked like a slip on exhaust tip w/o a baffle so that is much better than i thought. scuff it up, and get rid of that crome tho! ugh.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
929_adam said:
i think thatd look sweet! it looked like a slip on exhaust tip w/o a baffle so that is much better than i thought. scuff it up, and get rid of that crome tho! ugh.
that's for sure.....chrome sucks.....now, can i paint my rotors?

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
ok now i must jump in those types of bikes that you have shown there they also have a little muffler down at the bottom so that the back pressure is the same. if you just hack your pipe off and run pretty much a straight pipe your bike will run like hell. i talked to my mechanic about this on my f4i he said that it will run super bad due to back pressure not being there and it is kinda harsh on the motor. a computer tuner will fix a bit of that but not all of it. just thought i would throw this info your way it might change your mind. personally what i think looks wicked is when guys take an oval can cut it tiny then attach it directly to the header so that it is under the bike kinda buell style this way you would still have a cool look altho keep back pressure. and with those moto gp types a stock bike will back fire like fuckin crazy trust me i took a spin around town once with mine just straight header i had flames and shit out the exhaust as well as good high quality ear plugs are a must.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this was the wording on the ebay page....

NEW GP UNIVERSAL SLIP ON

TRIPLE CHROME FINISH

DOUBLE WALL CONSTRUCTION

PACKING MAKES THE SOUND AWESOME. THIS MAKES YOUR BIKE SOUND LIKE A GRAND PRIX RACE BIKE.

NO CUTTING OR DRILLING

NO REJETTING REQUIRED

25.99 FLAT RATE SHIPPING AND HANDLING IN THE US

DONT BUY JUNK WITH METAL SCREEN AND FIBERGLASS STUFFED IN A HOLLOW TUBE!!!

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

ADJUSTABLE FIT WILL GO ON 1 3/4'' T0 2 1/2" PIPE

THIS IS PICTURES OF MY 2000 R1 BUT WILL FIT ON 1998 TO 2001 R1'S AND ALSO GSXR, CBR, R6, AND LITERALLY ANY BIKE WITH A 1 3/4'' T0 2 1/2" PIPE.

SOME TRIMMING ON FAIRING MAY BE REQUIRED ON SOME MODELS.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
your money personally i wouldnt due to i talked to my mechanic like i said he used to build race bikes for suzuki canada team and he said its not a good idea so i just shyed away if it worked for your bike thats uber cool

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts