Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just a few exhaust related questions...
On my Hornet, there are two bridging pipes on the headers, joining pipes 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. Would it make any difference to the performance if the bridging pipes were taken out? Also, on the '99 model, the pipe is a 4:2:1 - are there catalytic converters in the 2 section? AND what are the pros and cons of spraying the pipes with high heat resistant paint, or using exhaust tape... Any input would be great! :rock:

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
I woud not think ya got Cats in them pipes mate ..More than anythin exhaust tape or black is a looks enhancment ..

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Don, not too keen on cutting them if its going to have a negative effect. And Rob, I didn't think so either, but its just something I thought I would double check on before doing unnecessary cutting and making a balls up of everything. I don't have any other form of transport at the moment, so I have to think carefully about any mods I do for now... As for the paint or tape question - I know its a visual thing, but which would look better for longer??? Cheers guys :rock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts