Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I pick up a set of extended cables for the F2? The stock ones baaaarely work with the MX bar setup, only has a problem turning to full right lock, but I don't want to mess anything up. I tried rerouting, but that didn't really work either. I could do it extremely ghetto and run it outside the tank, instead of tucked the way I have it now... but I'd rather just get longer ones. Anyone?

·
Registered
340 Posts
most cycle shops carry assorted cables or can make cables. Just find one that does and take yours in to find what you need. Also, I just put a little T handle on my choke cable and secured it to my frame by the neck.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I should look for honda dualsport cables. I should really measure mine and see exactly how long they should be be, before buying anything new. I will probably be dropping the bars another 1/2" or so, that might get me some play as well.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I almost wound up getting a line from a KLR, but when I seen one up close, that line would've been insanely long.

Those lines shouldn't be more than $25 at the very most. I'd walk into a dealership and start looking at their bikes and if the end piece would fit the same. Not sure if it was on this forum, but I read somewhere were you can attach the cable onto the end piece of another cable.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I don't think there's one person here that hasn't rerouted lines. Look that the first page of my build, I think that's one of the first things I did was reroute my lines. Then I got ss break lines and then the longer clutch cable from a dl650. I would've kept the stock but the cable was all chewed up and needed a new one anyway. My throttle cables are still stock, reroutes as well as my electronic wires still the same.

·
407 Posts
no, not bad at all. I paid about $100 for 2 throttle lines and 1 clutch line. All +6", stock fittings on the throttle, and for the clutch I had them switch the sheath end fittings from curved to straight to better fit my application. Worth every penny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.