Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Brencis from Boise, Idaho. I have been looking around for a couple of days and decided to sign up. I have no pics to post because i don't own a bike and haven't taken the course. I have only ridden one once but i am hoping to take the class and get one soon. I am thinking about getting an older Ducati Monster, any suggestions???

:cfrocks:

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, I guess. Do you Know if it would be good for tall riders? Because I am 6'2.
:bigred:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF.......busa best beginners bike ever.

·
:knucks:
162 Posts
if you never got on a sport bike before. get a maxi scooter used/wrecked and learn on that. anything over 250cc would be a good start. you can strip those down also and do simple mods to make them look all fighter-ish.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bren! Nice to see another rider in Idaho! I live about an hour away from you, and until now have not had another CF member in the area. When you get a bike let me know and we can hit the streets!

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oh and in answer to your question, make sure your first bike is not to big, or pretty! I have been riding street for about a year now and am glad I got a 500. It has been great to learn on, and it can still get up and go when I want it to. One of these days I will have enough money to upgrade but until then it is just fun to modify. With a first bike you do not want something that is way nice looking because that moment (Which everyone has) where you drop the bike in the garage will kill you! Unless it is not very pretty. :) Just my 2¢

Reactions: oldrider

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I am glad i was welcomed this extensively. VF500 Fighter I will take you up on that offer when I get a bike.

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
At 6'2" I would say a 600 class bike. The tufiddys are physically small and there isnt much commonly available until you hit the 600...except an ex500 which is a great learner but not super easy to find.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcom in mate Do NOT getta Duc' monster fer yer first ride !:doh:fookin Mikey LOL!
Def a 600 class bike CBR F series or similar woud be not to bad fer a 6'2" bloke .:thumbsup:

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha, a guy can dream cant he? But yeah i was ruling against it.

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i decided against it when I heard the recommendations that others were making.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Brencis! (Like your name by the way...;)) When you find your bike, remember the gear too! YOUR body parts aren't replaceable, for the most part.....;) If you've only ridden a bike once & you're already looking for one & wanting to take the course, you're a hooligan at heart! :D

·
That 1 guy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I will remember the gear, and I don't know what you're talking about "hooligan at heart" :Evil_smile:

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
^^^^

:evilred:................................:bigred:

Reactions: ROBBO
1 - 20 of 23 Posts