Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started working at Indian Motorcycles of OC in Westminster, Ca. Where I was brought on to sell the new Piaggio line of bikes (Piaggio, Vespa, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia) since the other salesmen are American Cruiser guys and know very little about sport bikes. And since it's best I ride what I sell, a few weeks ago I picked up one of our 2016 Moto Guzzi v7II Stones as my first bike.

So now I finally get to post up a mod thread about my bike. Last night I ordered up a few parts that should be trickling in over the next couple of weeks.

Future mods include:
  • A set of Mistral Full Carbon Mufflers.
  • Racing Rear Sets to move the foot position back 3" and up 5/8".
  • Clear Headlight Bikini Fairing for a Breva 750 to mod to the v7 and paint black.
  • PC Bro's strut mount license plate bracket with vintage "STOP" light.
  • Pair of LED license plate bolts.
  • Pair of 12mm LED accent bolts for rear turn signals.
  • Clubman style handle bars.
  • Black bar end mirrors.
  • Ti Pazzo shorty adjustable levers

Mods to still to come:
  • Fab up a single cafe racer seat.
  • Ti or Black header wrap (will wait until I get the CF mufflers in before I decide).
  • MotoGadget bar end turn signals.
  • Headlight cage
  • USD forks with dual rotors (Buell would be ideal.)
  • Upraged rear shocks with external preload adjuster.
  • Big bore kit

Way Way down the line if I keep the bike:
  • Supercharger or dual turbos.

Pic from the day I took it out of the showroom.

Got some goodies in yesterday (1/7/16)

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Had to look it up, but damn...

Curb weight of only 417 lbs?! I'm pretty impressed by that, it "looks" a lot heavier than that...

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot that I ordered these until they showed up at my house today. Forgot to list em on my mods list too.
My Pazzo Ti shorty levers :rock:
I'm hoping to get em put on during my lunch break tomorrow.

Reactions: yantosh

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just realized that without deliberately trying, my bike is going to match my gun, knife, and even my phone case when all is said and done. With the grey, black and carbon fiber. :party-smiley:

I ordered my gun a grips first, took 7 months to get the gun. In that 7 months ordered my knife and my sister gave me the phone case. It's all by chance that they all match. Kind of stoked on that.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installed my levers yesterday after work. They are as awesome as I thought they were. Much better than the stock full length ones.

Attachments

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mail came. I updated first post with what came in. Parts will be installed this afternoon. Wind fairing is getting tinted as well.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First post updated with new CF Mistral mufflers and rearsets.

Holy shit does the exhaust sound mean! (db killers removed of course) I'll try and see if I can get a decent recording of it. It sounds like crap on my phone. It's soooo good though. Much better than stock. It sounds like a big-ass 100+ci v-twin now :rock:

I had a helluva time removing the gaskets though. kind of fucked them up almost past the point of being able to re-use them :oops: They'll do for now, but new ones need to be ordered.

The rear sets are much better than I had anticipated. Shifts are more positive and foot traction is greatly improved. And I like having my feet set back further. Keeps my knees from hitting the protrusion on the tank.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With the new mufflers. I now see that I gotta paint the adjuster caps on the rear struts. Those chrome bits stand out and need to be dealt with!

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hate when I get teased with pictures like this when I'm at work :angry:

Reactions: Cookie2000ad

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I hate it when I click on an updated thread in my subscriptions just to see a pic of a mystery card board box.....

:D

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL touche gents.

Ok so in the box I got the headlight cage, Piaa H4 bulb, helmet lock and BMC airfilter.

Here's the cage installed. Working in the rain and with the Santa Ana winds with no garage was interesting. My shit was blowing all over the yard. Even though I was under my balcony, the wind had the rain coming in sideways. Had to modify the wind fairing with the dremel to allow fitment of the cage as they aren't meant for eachother. I'll be ordering new brackets for the light so I can lower everything more inline with the tank. Removed the front fender. Clubman bars also arrived. I'll have time this week to get that installed this week along with a single PSR bar end mirror. Slowly starting to get the stance I want. :rock:

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm looking to get in on a small custom order for some Retro style valve covers (only 5 sets being made initially). Just waiting on the builder to get back to me with total cost with what I want. That little bottom plate will act as a Head protector if the bike goes down. That oughta save me some keesh since I wont be replacing the whole head cover, just a small piece of steel. Should really help set my bike apart from the rest and get rid of that stupid plastic crap that's covering the spark plug wire.

Reactions: Cookie2000ad

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
glad to see you have a build thread on here eZ...after 19 years as a member! :LolLolLolLol:

More so glad you finally have a bike of your own! Ride on brosef! :metal:

Reactions: eZdoesit

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
glad to see you have a build thread on here eZ...after 19 years as a member! :LolLolLolLol:

More so glad you finally have a bike of your own! Ride on brosef! :metal:
Yeah no shit right!!! DougZ would be shocked if he were still on here. He used to always give me shit about not having one. :fu: :)

Here's how it's been sitting for the passed week. Getting a brand new updated motor from Italy. There was a factory issue with mine specifically. The clutch plates got pushed forward, pushing everything else in the motor forward, rendering it useless. I could never get the damn thing into neutral while the bike was running. The clutch was basically engaged the entire time.

In the meantime. I wrapped my headers with 2" titanium wrap and removed the rear fender. Gotta install my strut mount license plate and new turn signals are on their way from Drag Specialties. Along with a new headlight bezel. I took off the windscreen too. I didn't really like the look of it.

New motor is due in this week. It's been fun riding my dealerships Aprilia Factory Tuono and my customers Motus MSTR but I really do miss my bike. I'm also trying to swing for a big bore kit while the motor's out. But I need to sell a few more bikes to offset the purchase. I've been spending too much money lately.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts