Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to stash my wiring in front of my airbox on my F2. However, there are these two tubes( I assume air intakes? prolly wrong.) running out the front pointing downward into the empty chasm that would be perfect for incognito wiring. Would it hurt to remove these little fuckers? Really looking for some insight!

Attachments

·
DW is all that matters
119 Posts
I've read it both ways, that removed runs like crap and on the same thread guys saying they took theirs off with no probs. I never took mine off to see how it runs w'o so sorry can't help you much there. Watching your build though!

·
...from hell
215 Posts
im no expert by a long shot but ive done a fuckton of homework since i got my F2. what ive read basically points to - if you remov the fairings youll end up having to rejet the carbs, if you then remove the ramair tubes youll end up having to rejt the carbs again. pretty much anything you do that affects the airflow around the intake is gonna lead to a rejet. I'm gonna leave the tubes on mine with the idea that they will pull cleaner air for me. i planned on rejetting anyway so fuck it

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just picked up an F2 myself last night, and I was wondering the same thing. I don't see how it could really hurt anything, but you never really know until you try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the case of an F2, they really wont have a MASSIVE effect on performance. You'll loose air speed velocity filling the airbox... Its not like the superior F3 airbox.

If you can cut the tubes to keep them as long as possible while still stashing your wires, this will be the best bet. (ie. Cut them in half length, at the first rib.)

Or on the inverse, you can cut a short section of them, and flip them to be on the interior of the box. You will keep 90% of the airbox attributes in this manner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts