Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cruisin
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, the original owner wrecked it and decided to sell it to a guy that wanted to stunt it. that guy got pretty far through the build and decided he didnt want to stunt, so he sold it to my buddy, who put a little more money into it and ran out of money... so he sold it to me. since everything seems to be in decent condition, I figured i'd go ahead and get her street legal and turn her into a fighter. so far, the only work i've done is chopping the tail, all the regular maintenance, and swapping stock chain and sprockets back onto it. think i'll leave the SI cage on since it doesn't seem to interfere with riding, and i like the way it looks. I need to find a gas tank that hasn't been dented. anyways, my GF hates the chopped tail so I might grab a new subframe and come up with something different to do. any ideas?

anyways, here's the bike.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
welcom in mate ,good onya fer turnin fighter!Dump tha bellypan/fairin lower trim up tha muff thats all free stuff ta do ,change out that Hlamp.If ya gonna swing tha missus around get yerself a stock subby and seats(oem aint that bad lookin)finda tank get paintin and yer in:D

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Welcome to CF. And there is nothing wrong with chopped tails so long as it is done VERY VERY well. You can't half ass it even a little or it looks cheap and lazy.

·
Denver's new dad
946 Posts
money comes, trouble goes. Trouble comes, money goes -Rev. Phillip H Anselmo

·
Cruisin
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love to hide the can a little better, but I dont have any friends that weld. Id love to make a stubby clean subframe, but again, no access to a welder. Do most of you guys just use local businesses like a muffler shop to take care of this kind of stuff or is it cheaper to invest in a welding setup? I only have high school metal shop experience, but I'd love to re-learn. Damnit. I didnt buy this bike to throw money at, but the more I read this site, the less I want a rat-bike and the more I want a finished streetfighter.

Mk. Its taken me so long to type this out on my phone I've talked myself into going balls deep on this thing. Money IS an issue so it won't be done overnight, plus its my DD so I can't really start any long projects on it. If I can get it done/ridable in 5 hours then im game. As soon as we get our new car, I can take on bigger projects for it.

So. First things first. The can, is there a good way to trim it up that won't sacrafice tons of power?
Second, I like the chopped tail, but I do want a finished crisp look, in my head i'm seeing a diamond plate cover surrounding the subframe, rounded in the back with 2 cone shaped brake lights.
I like the lowers on there, but I haven't looked at it without them yet, so I may go full naked, but I might just have to keep my own style. Anyways, my thumbs are killing me so i'll see you guys around.

·
is lurking in the shadows
3,859 Posts
Welcome buddy. I also ride an F4i, so it's always cool to see another around here. I vote you leave the cage, ditch the lowers and headlight, and get a stock subframe/tail section. I've got a handful of parts laying around if you need anything.

·
Super Moderator
3,051 Posts
Welcome in!

Later, Doug

·
Cruisin
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
took her out for a quick trip through the twisties and grabbed a few photos. Not much work done, cleaned up the tail a bit, made side covers, decals and touch up, bar end mirrors. its definitely a rat bike, but its a head turner.

·
Cruisin
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I can't post in the classified section yet, but I am wanting to buy a used gas tank for her so I can clean er up a little. I'm also wanting to put a swing arm from a newer cbr so I could play with the idea of an undertail exhaust. Anyways, w moved to san antonio tx and I'm seeing lots of fighters out here, I'm going to start getting work done as soon as I find some time off/parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.